𝟐𝟑, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭

CHAPTER 23
.ೃ*:

Weeks started to fly by, and it was already nearing the end of July. Which brought anxiety to Delilahs mood, because Luke was going to leave. And she was truly frightened.

He knew it too, but he wanted to spend the rest of the summer with her. Which started to feel a bit guilty, with him spending all the time with Delilah. He blew off the boys. And he wasn't going to see them often barely at all. But the same went for Delilah.

Her head rested in his lap as he stroked her scalp as they were in the living room of his house. Dinner time was nearing and his mom was making a new pasta dish she had saw on pinterest.

The sound of pans and pots clinking could be heard as Delilah sat up. "Im gonna go help your mom" She informed him as he smiled softly, "okay" He gave her a quick kiss on the lips as Jack glanced up from the recliner with a eye brow raised.

"It's a peck grow up" Delilah glared at Jack as he snickered and shrugged. "Didn't say anything" He defended as she narrowed her eyes at him. "Um well your face says it all" She explained as Jack had a cocky smile.

With an eye roll, she was off to the kitchen. "Hey hun!" Ellen greeted as she smiled at the woman. "Hi el" she greeted back as the blonde woman pulled her into a hug. "Need any help?" She asked pulling away as she nodded her head.

"Can you stir that sauce?" She asked as Delilah nodded her head and walked over to the stove. "Thanks Delilah" Ellen smiled warmly at her. "No problem" She assured as she stirred the sauce with a wooden spoon.

"Oh i think forgot to add garlic powder to that? Can you add some?" Delilah whizzed around to the face Ellen as she nodded her head. "How much?" The Liu girl asked as Ellens eyes scanned the cookbook page. "Two table spoons" she answered as Delilah gave a thumbs up and walked over to the spice cabinet.

Opening the cabinet door her shoulders slumped taking notice the damn garlic powder was on the top shelf. Sighing she placed one hand on the counter and pushed up. Her outstretched hand still couldn't reach.

She felt someone from behind her already knowing it was Luke. His body pressed up against hers grabbing the garlic powder as she turned around and had a embarrassed smile on her face.

"Thanks" as Luke handed her the bottle. "You're welcome." He laughed as she looked up at him. "You're so short" he teased as Ellen smacked his back lightly shaking her head. "Luke be nice to your girlfriend" she scolded as Delilah had a prideful smirk on her face.

"Sorry." He apologized embarrassed to his mom as Delilah held back laughs. "I love you" He whispered against her lips as she kissed him. "I love you too" Delilah mumbled the words against his lips as she pulled away from him and grabbed a table spoon lying on the counter.

Luke left the kitchen as Ellen turned to the girl as she had a proud smile on her face. "So you said the l word?" She inquired as she nodded her head with a smile creeping onto her face.

"Yup" she answered while measuring the garlic. "Hes been so happy. Totally new personality this summer" Ellen explained as she chopped some onions on a cutting board. "Your mom said that about you too" Ellen informed her as let out laugh.

"You two bring out the best in each other" Ellen told her as she nodded her head. "We definitely do" Delilah agreed as Ellen had a warm smile on her face. "Im happy you guys finally admitted your feelings" Ellen laughed as Delilah laughed too.

"Thats what the boys said" She replied as Ellen laughed again. "Im happy you'll be able to support him this season" Ellen turned to her as Delilah nodded her head. Delilah had a worried expression on her face that wasn't hard for Ellen to read. "It's gonna be hard sweetie. But you two can do it" she assured the Liu girl as looked into Ellens blue eyes.

"I hope we can" She told her as she frowned a bit. "What's bothering you Delilah?" She asked as she sighed while stirring the sauce still. "Im gonna be busy with school work, and hes going to be all the way in Jersey" she explained as Ellen nodded her head along.

"And im worried we're going to grow distant" She expressed her fear as Ellens face still had a frown. "I know i get breaks, but Luke barely gets any" She added as Ellens head nodded. "Delilah, i know you two can handle it." Ellen comforted her as she gave her a sad smile.

"And i have no problem buying a ticket so you can fly out to Jersey" Ellen suggested to her as Delilahs eyes twinkled at the woman. "Aw El you dont have to" She assured as Ellen shook her head. "Non sense!" Ellen exclaimed as a smile formed on Delilahs face.

"Alright i almost have everything done. You can go back" Ellen told her after a couple minutes of a comfortable silence. "Okay. Thanks again" She thanked her second mom as Ellen pulled her into a hug. "Just talk to him okay?" She told her while kissing her head. "I will" she promised as Ellen nodded her head a bit.

As she came back into the living room Luke looked up at her as he smiled at the sight of his girlfriend. "What did she say about me?" Luke asked as Delilah laughed and shook her head.

"Nothing bad dont worry" She sat down next to him. She kissed his lips as she pulled out her phone to answer a text from her mom. To inform her that she was staying at Lukes, and wont see them when they get back from dinner.

Along the way Luke saw his contact name as his mouth gaped open. But also holding back a laugh at it. "What is my name?!" He asked while having a laughing fit. Jack looked up intrigued as Delilah held back a smile.

"What you dont like it?" She asked innocently as Luke laughed. "How do you even come up with that?" He asked confused as she shrugged. "Im creative" She smiled up at him as he laughed. "Do i want to know what it is?" Jack asked cautiously as Delilah nodded her head, and Luke shook his head.

"Its Lukey pookie" Delilah answered while holding back giggles as Lukes face grew 10 shades redder. "No way!!" Jack yelled as him and Delilah laughed together and Lukes face hid in the crook of Delilah's neck.

"Now thats a original" Jack said in between laughs pointing to her. "I know right!" She agreed laughing as Luke looked like he wanted to disappear. "Delilahs the only one able to say it" Luke firmly told his older brother as his head slowly nodded. "So whipped" Jack said in disbelief as Luke rolled his eyes.

Delilah went back to her old position until Ellen yelled dinner to the three in the living room, along with Quinn and Jim in the back yard.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
AHHH SO SORRY FOR BEING INACTIVE. Anyways thank you guys so much for 16k reads 😻 this book was literally just at 14k 🤯 so it omg i love you guys sm 😚

word count: 1262