𝟒𝟐, 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩

CHAPTER 42
.ೃ*:

Delilah and Luke never really made it fully up after their argument. It was the weekend after the argument. And Delilah was drained to say the least. She was bombarded with assignments that needed to be done. And Azalea wanted to go out but Delilah shut down that invitation.

Azalea gave her shoulder a squeeze and Delilah looked up from her anatomy book. "Bye z" she gave her friend a farewell. "Bye Delilah" she told her friend goodbye with a small smile. "Dont stay up all night" she told her sternly reminding her of her mom.

"Okay mom" she mocked as they both laughed. Delilahs eyes found focus back on the textbook and the paper in-front of her. She heard the door close, with that letting out an exasperated sigh leaning back in her desk chair.

She rubbed her eyes smudging the left over mascara. She groaned forgetting the makeup on her lashes. She grabbed some micellar water and a cotton round.

Putting it up to her eye she held it for a few seconds then rubbing. She let a yawn leave her lips as she glanced down to the textbooks, papers, and her computer all cluttering her desk.

It was starting to stress her out with all the items on her desk. And how much she fell behind. Usually she was on top of things turning them in right away. Pulling her hair into a bun she sat back down determined to get this done all tonight.

Alone, on a Friday night her room. She was bound to get it done. She refused to put on music on because it was distract her she sat in silence concentration prominent on her face.

Delilah was unsure how much time had passed but she got two out of four assignments so she could call it progress. Letting out a tired yawn she leaned back in her chair glancing down to her computer.

She kinda zoned out staring at it until a knock on the door brung her back to reality. She assumed it was one of the boys or a girl from the sorority asking her about something. Sighing she got up and walked over to her door.

Her hand rested on the cool metal of the door knob, and turning it to the right. Pulling the door open, he stood there with flowers in hand.

The corners of her mouth pulled up into a smile as stepped to the side so Luke could come inside. She closed the door behind him as he frowned a bit. "Delilah im so sorry" Luke apologized and set down her flowers.

"Im sorry too" she swallowed looking up at him as his hand cupped her cheek. She leaned up to kiss him as his other hand was gently placed his on her other cheek.

He pulled away and looked into her brown eyes, "I was being a asshole" He admitted as she laughed a bit. "I was being stubborn and dumb" she replied to him as he let out a laugh. "Very stubborn" he agreed as she hit his shoulder lightly.

"I love you" he told her as she smiled, and missed these three words from him. "I love you too" she kissed his lips once again. Now resting her head on his chest. "Dont you have to be in Jersey?" She asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Not till tomorrow around lunch" he answered as she nodded. She was exhausted from doing her assignments half the night and it was nearing 11:30. She closed her eyes against the warmth from his chest. And the soft cloth of his hoodie under her skin.

"You tired?" He asked while rubbing her back. "Mhm" she mumbled and pointed to the assignments cluttering her desk to show him. "Okay" he said glanced down the to the open textbooks all over the table.