𝟏𝟐, 𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER 12
.ೃ*:

Delilah was nervous to say the least. Her mind couldn't rest while she got ready, worried to face whatever Luke wanted to talk about.

Throwing on a tank top, and a pair of running shorts, she smoothed down her unruly waves. She sighed looking at her hair, wanting it to be naturally straight like Azaleas. It was always somehow never how she wanted it, and it aggravated her to say the least.

Her mom, and Ellen were now gone. And she assumed they went into town, and she was quite thankful that the two women weren't there to ask and tease about Luke. She ventured over to the Hughes house and walked in side. Jack was sitting on the couch as he looked up and smiled a bit.

"Hey delilah" he greeted while flipping tv channels. "Hi. Wheres luke?" She asked as he smirked and pointed up stairs with his pointer finger. "In his room" he replied slyly as she narrowed her eyes at him. She scoffed at his innuendo about the two.

"Your disgusting" she quipped as he laughed and shrugged his shoulders. "Im just kidding" he assured as she rolled her eyes "right" she mumbled back while giving him a incredulous look, and walked up the stairs. Lukes door was cracked and could see a sliver of sunlight beaming into the room.

She knocked lightly on the door frame as he shouted out a quick come in. "Hi" she greeted softly as his expression softened at the sight of her. "Hey" he smiled a bit as she sat down on his bed.

"Jack is so obnoxious" Delilah explained to him as he let a scoff out. "Yeah tell be about it" Luke grumbled as she laughed a bit. "So what did you wanna talk about?" She asked as he rubbed the back of his neck a bit. "Uhh" he trailed on his eyes flickering to the open door.

"Is Quinn home?" She inquired as his head shook.  "No. He went out with a few of his friends" he replied as she nodded a bit. "I think jack is to caught up on his show. We'll be fine" she assured him as he let out a breathy laugh and nodded his head.

He walked over and shut his door as she gulped and fidgeted with the rings that adorned her fingers. "So what is it?" She asked her voice coming out shaky from nerves. He walked over and sat down next to her on the bed as her heart rate increased as she stared into his eyes.

"You're scaring me" she tried making light of the tense situation as Lukes stomach felt like someone was twisting it. "Li. For as long as i remember from when i was younger. Ive always had a crush on you." He confessed as her breath caught in her throat. She felt like her airway was closing up, and the breath was knocked out of her.

Lukes was finally confessing his feelings to her. After all these years of liking him, he's now admitting his crush. It took her a moment to respond as Lukes face twisted into a anxious one, waiting on her comment.

"Me too. A bit fat one too" she squeaked her voice quiet and small. She let out a little laugh as her last few words as Luke smiled and laughed while reaching for her hand. He gave it a gentle squeeze.

"But I've kept it hidden. Because i was scared it would ruin our friendship" he admitted nervously as she stared at him while blinking a few times. "I felt the same way." she admitted her own experience as he had a sympathetic look on his face. "I like you a lot" she confessed her longtime feelings for the boy. Which felt great getting it off her chest.

"Me too" he agreed as a relived breath left her lips as she looked into his brunette eyes. His lips landed against her lips as she melted into his touch. "Ive wanted to say that for so long" she giggled as he smiled and cupped her face. "Same" he agreed and then landed his lips on hers again.

It felt like the confession wasn't real, and it was hard to believe that both best friends had crushes on each other for so many years. And let alone hiding it from one another, whether they were obvious or not.

But it felt as if they were made for each other, their lips felt like puzzle pieces that were connecting. They were always there for each other, as if there was an invisible string holding them together throughout their whole childhood.

They pulled away as their foreheads rested on one another's. She let out a breath of contentment and she felt Lukes breath tickling her neck. She squirmed while smiling as Luke gave her a questioning look. "What?" He asked as laughed. A smile plastered on his face he watched the girl laughing.

"Your breath was tickling me" she let out finally as he laughed, and reached out to her sides. She let out a squeal as he tickled her body. "Stop" she whined while her feet flailed around. He laughed as he flopped next to her. "I will cut your hair all off" she threatened as his eyes widened.

"You wouldn't!" He frowned as she smiled at him. "I'll get Quinn and Jack on it too" she added with a smirk on her face. "Your to scary" he teased while planting a kiss on her lips.

They eventually snuggled up together on his bed as her eyelids felt heavy as she drifted off into a sleep. He watched the sleepy girl, while rubbing small circles on the small of her back. He too felt the drowsiness catching up to him, and closed his eyes.

He felt weights lifted off his shoulder, and finally could relax knowing Delilah was now his girl. And he couldn't have been more relieved to have her snuggled in his arms, safe and sound.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
LOVE LOVE LOVE. Im so happy EEE. I really hope the confession isn't awkward or weird, ive never had someone confess their undying love for me so i wouldn't know 🤧. Umm anyways does anyone know how to stop cracking your fingers. I do it 24/7 because i get anxious and idk what else to do with my hands. And my mom always tells me to stop ☹️. Anyways love you all! 😻💕🫶🏻🤭

word count: 1084