𝟗, 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER 𝟗
.ೃ*:

Delilah let a sigh leave her lips that had a thin coat of aquaphor. It was pointless to attempt to eavesdrop since it near impossible to because she could barely hear them. Plus it wasn't any of her business on what they were talking about

She yawned and rubbed her eyes glancing down to her phone, it was nearing 10 and she assumed that her parents were probably back home. Grabbing her phone she had a few texts from some friends but nobody important.

She sighed bored and decided to continue to clean the cards up. Luke shortly walked back into the living room as she glanced up to him. It was different around each other this summer. Each encounter withheld a tension that never occurred before.

It felt odd, and something that neither were used to. Usually they felt comfort in each other's presence but now it was awkward. "I think im gonna head back" she stood up informing him as he looked down to her. His height made her stomach flip, he was nearly a foot taller than her.

"Okay" he smiled a bit as he set down a bottle of water he had grabbed from the kitchen. "Want me to walk you over?" He asked her heart melted at his gesture.

"You dont have to" she replied as he shook his head. "No i want to" he smiled softly as she shrugged while nodding her head. "Where are you guys going?" Jack questioned while they looked to him.

"Walking her home" Luke responded simply as Jack quirked an eyebrow up. "She literally lives like 2 feet away" jack let a laugh out as Luke rolled his eyes. "So?" He replied back with a fair amount of sass.

As they walked outside fireflies danced around the air which made her smile. Luke's hand brushed her hand once again as she swallowed the pool of spit in her mouth. His fingers entwined with hers as her head spun dizzily.

Quite quickly they arrived at her house as turned to him, their hands still connected. "You wanna come in?" She asked but his head shook. "No i better get back to Jack and Quinn" he declined politely as she frowned a bit understood.

"Ill see you tomorrow okay?" His free hand ran up and down on her arm. "O-okay" her voice was shaky at his touch that seemed to becoming more frequent today. "Thanks" the corners of her mouth peaked up into a small smile as he nodded his head.

"No problem" he smiled back while holding eye contact with one another. "Bye" she told him softly as she felt him squeeze her hand. Turning back around to face him confused, "What?" She asked nervously as his free hand cupped her face.

Her breath got caught in her throat staring up at the boy through her eye lashes. His head dipped down to her lips. The kiss was urgent, needy, and rushed. He kissed her like she was going to disappear from him after all these years of neglecting the feelings growing within him.

Her body soon gave into the kiss with her body melting into his. Little Delilah would be jumping for joy like the time she received a new American Girl Doll on her birthday when she was 7. She pulled away for a breath as their lips were centimeters apart.

She smiled brightly which was soon contagious for Luke and his smile was just as happy as hers. His hand rested on her hip as she closed the space between them again.

The moment felt right. It felt like it was calculated to happen. Not like her past kisses and relationships that felt insignificant. But her lips on Lukes felt like it was the only thing that mattered in the world.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
EEEEE IT FINALLY HAPPENED WOOO. Im so happy you guys dont even understand but so much more to come for this book!!! 😻😻🤭🤭. Love you all 😚🫶🏻

word count: 667