𝟐𝟕, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐬

CHAPTER 𝟐7
.ೃ*:

Mark and Ethan has dragged Luke and Delilah to a party at one of the boys friends at Umich. Delilah could tell he didn't want to go, but honestly she wasn't feeling up to it either.

She dragged Azalea and Luca with the group of Umich students. Lukes arm was securely around her waist as they walked through the door. It was a big house that reeked of alcohol, weed, and sweat.

Party music boomed through the speakers making it near deafening to listen too. "I don't want to be here" Luke leaned down and whispered in her hair. Glancing up to him as gave a small smile. "Me neither but let's try to make it fun" she leaned up to kiss him as he pulled away and nodded.

She motioned for them to go get a drink as Luke reminded himself that he would only have a small sip of here. "Do you want one?" She shouted over the booming rap music. "No im good!" He shouted back as she nodded her head and grabbed the bright red solo cup from a cluster of them on a table.

She took a sip of the blend of alcohol as it burned her throat as it traveled down to her stomach. She cringed at the taste of the clashing tastes of hard liquor. Luke laughed a bit at his girlfriend's face as she took another sip.

After a few more sips of the alcohol the distaste evaporated. And her taste buds gracefully accepted the pungent taste of the drink.

Luke and Delilah chatted with some other umich students, and some of the other hockey players that were at the party. His arm always on her waist, warding away any high or drunk weirdos trying to hit on his girl.

They were enwrapped in a conversation with Ethan and Zoe who was his girlfriend. The two girls conversed over how gross the two boys were with their hockey gear as they frowned listening to their mean remarks about them. "Im not that gross!" Ethan defended as Zoe turned to him giving him a look. Luke and Delilah laughed as he kissed her head.

"Im gonna go get another drink" she informed Luke as he nodded his head and gave her a kiss. She ventured back over to the drink table. The house was increasingly getting hotter and more crowded. Even in her tank top and jean shorts her skin glistening with a layer of sweat on her tanned skin.

Her hand reaching out for a cup she felt a presence next to her. Assuming it was Luke or one of the boys she turned slightly to see who it was and it wasn't any of them.

She quickly looked away the guys eyes glazing over her body glancing down to her boobs. She cringed as his eye wandered lower to her butt. Her hand grasped the red plastic cup resulting with a crunch of plastic.

"Hey" he whispered down into her ear as chills ran through her body. Letting a scoff leave her mouth she rolled her eyes and started to walk away. "Hey dont be like that" He slurred as her heart rate quickened. His fingers grazed against her sweat coated back as a wave adrenaline hit her.

"Get off. I have a boyfriend" she jerked away defending her ground as his arms went up defensively. "Hey he doesn't have to know" he took a step closer to her as she swallowed thickly. His breath wreaked of liquor and weed as she gagged.

A few heads turned watching the two as she slowly backed up. And eventually backed up against a body. Spinning around relieved to see the sight of her boyfriend. His eyes flamed with anger as his glares sent daggers to the drunken man.

"Hey Li" he greeted his girlfriend as a look of relief washed over her face. "Hey" she quietly greeted as he dipped down to kiss her. She tasted like liquor and vanilla from her chapstick and he couldn't pull away. His hand rested on her cheek as rested hers on his chest. They pulled away as Luke had a smirk painted across his face.

"Sorry man i-i didn't know" He stuttered stumbling back as Luke scoffed and wrapped his arms securely around his girlfriend. "Well now you do asshole" He retorted as he felt his girlfriend press against him. Seeking comfort in his touch to help slow her heart rate down. And stop the pounding occurring in her head, but the alcohol buzzing through her veins weren't helping.

The man stumbled away as she let out a slow breath. "Are you okay li?" He asked concerned as she turned to him. "Im just a little tired, and starting to feel the alcohol" she replied as he nodded his head and rubbed her back.

"Wanna go home?" He asked as she shook her head. "No we can stay. Plus i dont wanna ruin the night" she answered as he frowned a bit. "I dont care if you ruin the night. I didnt really wanna come anyways" he admitted as she had a small smile on her lips.

"Okay" she nodded her head as Luke grabbed her hand. "Lets go then" he mumbled into her ear as she nodded her head. They informed everyone they were leaving as they walked outside.

The cool summer air hit her skin as she breathed out a relieved sigh and got into Lukes car. The drive home was comfortable with the soft hum of "Mr. Perfectly Fine" played on the stereo and Lukes hand rested gently on her bare thigh.

The windows rolled down as her brunette hair whipped in her face as she sung along happily to the song about Joe Jonas that middle school Delilah used to cry her heart out to.

Luke looked over to his girlfriend as he smiled at her. She looked so beautiful and at peace; unlike how she was at the party. He loved her so much, and he had a pain in his chest constantly knowing her was going to be leaving her soon.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
Ive been so absent I'm sorry lmao. Ive been kinda just been editing and not writing so im sorry! But the Devils are so on and off, every game they have i stress no matter the team 💀. More chapters that may or may not be gut wrenching are coming 🤫🤫. Love you guys and thanks for 27k reads!! 🫶🏻🫶🏻

word count: 1086