𝟏𝟕, 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER 17
.ೃ*:

A few simple insignificant days passed by. Which consisted of Luke avoiding her, every time they were near alone he would scramble away from her. Which she hated she just hoped he would come around eventually.

She was sprawled out on the couch as she heard footsteps padding across the floor. Peaking her head up she saw Luke, Ethan, Dylan, and Mark. "Hi delilah!" Mark greeted her while the other boys waved except for Luke.

She let out a little laugh as she waved back to them. Luke looked to her, then quickly looked away from her. She frowned a bit as he avoided his gaze to wander to her.

"You should come onto the boat with us" Mark suggested as she swallowed nervously. "Im gonna pass. Sorry" She answered as Mark and Ethan slumped their shoulders. "Please!" ethan begged as she glanced to Luke who was rolling his eyes.

Just to spite him she smiled a bit looking at the boys. "Sure" She agreed simply as the two boys smiled at her. Luke let out a small scoff as her eyes flickered to him as she sent him a glare. He really was an asshole lately, and she was surprised by his demeanor change.

She followed the boys to the boat as Dylan, Mark, and Ethan were more ahead, and Delilah. And somehow Luke trailed slightly behind them. "What is your problem?" She asked him as his eyes flickered down to her.

"I don't know what you're talking about" He replied simply as she narrowed her eyes at him. "Yes you do" she told him as he looked into her eyes. She actually hated fighting with Luke, he was her best friend that shes had a crush on forever.

One time when they were younger Luke had gotten his first girlfriend, and that resulted with him blowing her off every time they attempted to make plans and hang out. Which ended with a fight between the two, and it was incredibly long. And very boring to deal with.

Eventually they made up after Luke and his girlfriend didn't last very long due to his naive girlfriend leaving to date another boy. Which only happened due to them being young in age and not ready for commitment.

And not talking to him days on end it made her feel a bit hollow inside. She was disappointed that they hadn't gotten over their small argument. It was unimportant and minor. But somehow Luke didn't want to talk about it.

"Can we stop fighting?" She pleaded as he sighed while looking at the boys in front. "We can talk later" he told her as she nodded a bit. She looked forward as she still felt Lukes wandering eye burning holes into her skin.

As they neared the boat as felt a sense of dread knowing it would just be the four boys and just her. "Can i invite azalea real quick?" She asked as they nodded their head. "Sure" Mark told her as she gave him a small smile.

Sending a quick text to her best friend to tell her to come over they waited for a few minutes till the girl came rushing onto the dock. She was huffing out of breath as the boys cackled at her state.

"Shut up!" She defended herself as Dylan held his arms up defensively like he was going to get arrested. The other three boys laughed as they all got onto the boat.

"Im playing taylor swift" Delilah informed the boys as Azalea cheered and out her arms in the air. "No" Mark told her as she glared at him. "Yes!" Dylan cheered as Delilah high fived him. "Thats why you're my favorite Dylan" Delilah joked as he smiled triumphantly.

Luke looked to her jealously burning in his eyes as he took notice of Dylans arm draped over her shoulder as she scrolled through her Spotify playlist. He was supposed to her favorite not Duker.

"Whatever" Mark gave up and did not want to fight with Dylan and Delilah right now. "Wildest Dreams" reverbed through the speaker as Azalea and Delilah harmonized with Taylor. "Say you'll remember me! Standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset babe!" Azalea and Delilah sung together with occasionally Dylan joining in.

"He's so tall, and handsome as hell" All three of them sung as Delilahs eyes flickered over to Luke who was already staring her down. She had a small smirk on her face as she watched Luke inhale a deep breath while his gazed still plastered on her.

The tension was thick enough to cut through with a knife. And Luke knew it too. Part of him didn't fully hate it. It was a bit entertaining. But he did really miss her. He missed kissing her head, or holding her small body in his arms. And he missed making jokes with her. Or her constant little teasing.

He craved listening to her rants about the next Taylors Version coming out. And all of the easter eggs that he still didn't understand but still listened intently to her. It was simpler when she was around, it was like a a whole new world with her gracing him with her presence.

He felt a tiny pang in his heart watching her have fun without him, and especially so much with his friends. He couldn't enjoy himself when he was such an ass to her. He wanted to beat some sense into his own body.

The boat had an playful ambience as the boys chatted about hockey, and made jokes with each other. And Delilah and Azalea sang along obnoxiously to Taylor Swift. But the boys couldn't even be upset or annoyed. Because they loved seeing the two mess around and their off key singing.

But Delilahs mood still wasn't as happy as she wanted it to be. Looking at Luke with the other boys made her realize how much she missed him. She missed the feeling of his lips on hers. The way his hands rested on her hips, and the breath taking sensation when he would look down at her.

It was simple she missed him a lot.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
I actually love this chapter a lot. Its actually kinda long but thats okay 😋. Anyways the angst is ending soon and i hope you all dont hate me, i hate me too. But it needed a lil something so 🤷‍♀️. Also do you guys know that pre game interview with Luke from i think a couple days ago. And it was about umich winning the rose bowl. Literally lives rent free in my head because he was to cute in that interview 🤭. Anyways love you all!! 😚

word count: 1123