𝟕, 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER 𝟕
.ೃ*:

As the days grew on, the warmer the temperature grew in Michigan. Her days consisted of more than less days on the boat, but were usually with some of the umich boys. Including Azeala.

She spent her sunny filled days with Azalea. But her eyes rarely caught sight of her childhood best friend. And she felt disappointed to say the least.

She sat on the dock with her feet dipping into the lake as she heard footsteps padding up behind her. She looked up squinting and smiled at the sight of the boy.

"Hi" she smiled brightly as he smiled back at her. "Hey" Luke sat down next to the girl. "Im sorry" He blurted out as her face twisted into confusion.

"For what?" She inquired as he looked into her eyes. "For being so distant" He explained as she nodded her head a head. "Its okay" she assured as her hand went to rub his back gently.

"I just feel so bad. Because im leaving and wont see you everyday" He frowned as she gave him a small sad smile. "Its okay Luke" she told him as she felt her fragile heart break a little on the spot.

"Are you sure?" He asked as she nodded her head. "Positive" she gave him a warm smile. Which automatically turned his guilty mood into a content feeling.

He loved her smile. Wherever she was, no matter the tone of the situation. She always seemed to make it better with her smiles. The two held an eye contact which made her cheeks warm.

He reached his arms around her small frame as wrapped her arms around his muscular build. She felt his warm breath tickle her neck as he breathed in the hypnotic scent of her perfume.

It drove him crazy when he smelled it. Whenever the vanilla perfume wafted into his nostrils a desire for her grew bigger. He savored the moment in the embrace before he heard his name being called.

He groaned pulling away from the girl as she chewed on her lower lip. Mark and Ethan were running up to dock the two nearing closer and closer. Luke let out a sigh as they neared.

"Luke, wanna go for a boat ride?" Ethan asked as Luke contemplated. His gaze flickered from his best friend then to his friends, Delilahs breath held awaiting for his answer. "Nah ill pass" he replied simply as the boys shoulders slumped.

They noticed Delilah as they smiled at her. "Hi Delilah!" They both greeted her as she laughed. "Hi ethan and mark" she greeted back as Luke rolled his eyes. "Alright cya" they both said in sync as the two childhood friends waved goodbye.

"I swear they are always up my fucking ass" Luke huffed annoyed as Delilah laughed. "They just are gonna miss you" she slightly turned to him and reached up to play with his brown curly locks.

His hair was beginning to look like when he was a kid. When his curls were more a blonde like his mom's.

His tanned legs slightly swung back and forth as Delilah stared at the lake ahead of her. The sun reflected back onto the lake as it glistened back into her eyes. "So hows your summer?" Luke asked as she turned to him. "Decent" she answered twirling a strand of her hair.

His mind flashed back to the conversation he had over heard with his older brothers as Delilah tried to hide her feelings for the boy. Which he himself couldn't deny the swelling feelings that had been developing for her since they were late teens.

But he knew she had liked them way back when they were kids.

The sun was beginning to set in Michigan painting the sky with pink and orange hues. As the sun set below the horizon Luke wrapped his arms around the girl and pulled her close to him. Her breathing felt heavier than usual, and she felt her heart racing.

Her body melted into the touch and her head rested on his shoulder as the watched the sunset in a silence. But not a awkward moment filled with tension. It was more enjoyable silence. Having comfort in each other's presence which her and Luke both took advantage of it.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
stop i love them so much they are so fricking cute. I like need to experience a summer romance its not even funny. Anyways love you all! And thanks for reading 😋🫶🏻

word count: 752