𝟐𝟔, 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

CHAPTER 𝟐𝟔
.ೃ*:

It was nearing early August, and it was basically a countdown till Delilah went back to college, and Luke went to Jersey.

The topic was neglected with the two, even though they were anticipating the abandonment. It was coming up far too quick for either of them to comprehend.

Both of them earned for the summer to slow down just so they could take in each other's warm presence. Luke just wanted to whisper sweet nothings in her ear as they snuggled close together.

While Delilah just wanted physical time with him, whether it was making lunch, on the boat, or even golfing with him. Even though she wasn't the most improved golfer.

If it meant she would could spend quality time with him she was okay with it. She tried her best to not blow off Azeala, but they shared a dorm back at Umich. And the boys but she was their athletic trainer so she always was around them.

But not going to be able to see Luke but for a couple days made her just cringe thinking about it.

Azalea was understanding about the dilemma between the two childhood lovers, and wasn't upset about the twos rare hangouts. She did live right down the road from the two families so she wasn't far. And she was usually with Luca anyways.

Just as much as Delilah dreaded the aspect of Luke not being there with her. Luke felt even more dreadful about it, he was going to be stuck with Jack. Which he loved his brother, but he always scolded Luke for his messy tendances.

It was a quiet time for both of them because they were at Delilahs house. Tucked away in her room away from each other's family's.

Both of them tired from the tiring day at the golf course since Luke was practicing for the infamous golf championship. Golf was not Delilahs strong suit, and definitely wasn't meant to be a golfer in the future .

Lukes head rested comfortably on Delilahs stomach as she read her book; while he scrolled on his phone. Delilah neared the end of her book which meant when shes done reading thats it for the night. Which was because Luke had her held down. And she looked so comfortable she would feel guilty moving his peaceful state.

Once she finished the epilogue he glanced up to her placing it on her nightstand. "Im tired" Luke yawned as she laughed a bit. "it's only 8 luke" she reminded while he frowned at his girlfriend. "Well i got up early" he defended as she gave him a look.

"Then you took a nap" She added as he sighed defeated. "Im always tired you know this" He informed as she nodded her head. "I know" she gave him a kiss on his cheek as he watched his girlfriend with worry in his eyes.

"Delilah whats going to happen when i go to Jersey?" He asked her as concern danced across his face. "Ive thought about that too" she replied to him while having a small frown form on her face.

"I dont want to loose you" He said miserably as she played with his curls. "It's okay Luke. I'll fly out when im on break. You fly out on the holidays" Delilah explained as Luke sighed. "Im barely going to see you" He expressed as she scratched his head with her nails. "I know. It sucks" She groaned as Luke looked up to her.

"It's okay. We will make it work" he assured his girlfriend as she nodded her head a bit. "I love you delilah" he leaned up pressing a kiss to her lips as she smiled a bit. "I love you too Luke" she replied back as he had a smile.