𝟒𝟎, 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

CHAPTER 40
.ೃ*:

Azalea had tried to pry Delilah from her bed, but failed to do so. She just wasn't in the mood to be going out interacting with people. Or seeing Luca and Azalea on top of each other. With their lips connected, and his arms wrapped around her body.

She had the whole weekend prestigiously planned out, cleared plans with friends. And Luke bailed the last second. And she felt so alone sitting in her bed while Azalea gave up on her friend's adamant no's. Azalea felt guilty leaving her friend but Delilah assured her it was all good.

She wanted to be in her room, just alone with her feelings. She felt a wave of sadness wash over body, and felt tears run down her cheeks again. She sniffled wiping them and glanced down to her phone. Still no update from Jack or apology from Luke.

She wanted to be in his arms, being cradled, and have little whispers in her ear on how much he loved her. A choked out sob left her mouth quickly wiping her eyes and unpaused Gilmore Girls. She watched the show as little hiccups left her lips and her eyes were stinging.

She was being over dramatic, and felt that she shouldn't be so hurt over it. But she couldn't gaslight herself into believing that stupid lie. She was hurting, and wanted Luke to be here. But it felt like he was worlds away from her.

As she thought back from the past couple weeks she came to a realization that, Luke has changed recently, almost odd. His responses were kept short, and always far to busy to call her. And she couldn't help but feel he was falling almost out of love. And the idea terrified her, if her guess was right. She was actually going to go insane.

She wiped her nose with her sleeve of her crewneck and glanced down to her phone again. Jack had texted her informing he talked to Luke about it and hopefully hes going to be empathetic and understand his wrongful doing.

So here she was quietly letting tears stream down her cheeks, waiting for a call from her boyfriend. She wanted his lips on hers, and the warmth from him radiating onto her. But it wasn't that easy. Long distance was taking a toll on her mental health, and she had a feeling Luke was feeling beyond drained too.

Her phone began ringing as she looked down and saw Lukes contact photo. She sighed and picked up her phone; debating whether to let it ring or answer. "Hey" she heard him say from the other side of the phone. "Hi" she replied back biting her nails out of nerves.

"Im sorry Delilah" he apologized, she analyzed his voice. It was hoarse, and sounded tired. She chewed on her lip debating what to say. "Why'd you do it?" She asked as she heard him let out a sigh. "My schedule is so full" he explained to her as she rolled her eyes. "So your girlfriend isn't important?" She asked as she guaranteed he was rubbing his face and pushing back his curls. Like he did when he was stressed.

"It's not that" he told her as she rolled her eyes. "It's hard Luke i know, you shouldn't have said you could come. Then bail last minute" she explained to him as she paced back in forth.

"Listen Delilah, im sorry. It was shitty. I had completely forgotten. If it wasn't mandatory i would've come to see you" he explained to her as she played his words over in her head. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do. She was mad obviously but maybe he did totally forget.

"Im so sorry Delilah" he told her through the phone as she let out a breath. "I had our whole day planned out Lu" she informed him as his heart broke on the other side of the phone.

"And you bailed last minute Luke" she reminded him as he bit his lip. "Delilah, i messed up i know" he was trying to be held accountable. But with how stubborn she is, it was likely she wouldn't forgive him over the phone.

"Yeah i know" she mumbled as he sighed. "What do i have to do to make it up to you?" He asked as she rolled her eyes. "Luke you haven't even talked to me in nearly two weeks" she reminded as a frustrated sigh left his lips. "But you havent either" he reiterated as she scoffed. "Ive tried calling you and rarely i get a call back" she shot back as he cracked his fingers that she heard faintly through the phone.

"Delilah ive been busy" he explained to her as she was looking out her window. "Yeah so have i. Ive had finals, tests, and busy with the hockey team" she explained to him as he stared up at the ceiling.

"Delilah ive had games" he added as she let out a annoyed huff. "Luke this isnt a competition on who's more busy" she spat as he ran his hand through his curls. "Im sorry delilah" he groaned sick of arguing with her. "Well obviously not if you want to keep trying to argue" she told him as he debated what to say. No matter what came out of his mouth, it was just going to fuel Delilah even more.

"Can we just move on from this?" He pleaded as she sat down on her bed. "Whatever" she told him as he sighed. "Im sorry, i love you" he told her as she looked down to her lap. "Love you too" she told him and hung up. He bit the inside of his cheek and stared down to his phone screen.

Jack walked past his room and peeked in, "any luck?" He asked as his head shook. "No, what did you expect shes so stubborn. I could do anything for her and she'll still be mad" he complained as Jack laughed. "She'll come around, im sure she's stressed" he assured as Luke nodded his head.

"Yeah i hope" he flopped back onto his bed.

Delilah hung up just not wanting to talk to him. She was probably being immature but she truly was annoyed with some of his responses. She felt like screaming into her pillow, and her period was around the corner so her hormones weren't helping the attitude that she had.

Flopping down on her bed staring up at the ceiling she just stared for awhile closed her eyes out of frustration.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
IM SO DONE WITH THE DEVILS. They give my anxiety i cant even. Anyways guys so like and comment on my new john marino fic!! Because i just love him sm. Anyways this book is nearing the end which makes me sad but its shes had her time. Thank you all for reading and love u 🫶🏻🤭😻😜😚

word count: 1161