𝟐𝟒, 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

CHAPTER 𝟐𝟒
.ೃ*:

Delilah was out in the sun reading "Summer of Broken Rules" which she had gotten on her birthday in the spring. The late July sun beat down on her back as the sun lightened her hair.

There was a shadow blocking the sun as she looked up squinting realizing it was just Luke. "Hi" she greeted with a small smile on her face. "Hey" he greeted as he picked her up without warning.

She let out a yelp as she hit his toned back with her fist. "Lukey put me down!" She scolded as he laughed and walked over to the dock. "If you dont im telling everyone about Lukey Pookie!" She threatened as he just laughed and walked to the edge of the dock.

He gently tossed her into the lake as she bobbed up to the surface. She scoffed as reached a hand up, "help me up" she held an outstretched hand as Luke connected their hands. She pulled him and he tumbled into the lake after her.

"Thats what you get!" She shouted as he had a look of betrayal on his face. "Im sorry" he pouted as she had a mad look on her face. "I cant be mad at you!" She exclaimed frustrated and he laughed as he pulled her body to him.

"I love youuu" he dragged the u as she avoided his eyes. Failing miserably when he peppered her face with kisses which resulted with a string of giggles. "I love you too" she said the three words that seemed to be told to each other every day now.

He kissed her as she melted into the kiss, her hair was dripping wet, and so was his. Their wet bodys pressed up against each other as she laughed when his hands went to tickle her sides. Squeals left her lips as he threw his head back laughing like a little kid.

The soon got out of the lake as he wrapped a towel around her soaking body. "Im sorry. I just had to do it at least once this summer" he apologized as she turned to him a smiled a bit. "Im not mad. It was funny" she laughed pulling the towel closer to her body.

His arm slung around her shoulders as they walked into his house. Most of Jacks friends were at the table with a plate of watermelon that Delilah and helped Ellen cut. "There they are!" Trevor exclaimed as Delilah raised a eyebrow at him.

"Did you like miss me or something?" She asked laughing and grabbed some watermelon and put some in a bowel. "No" Jack spoke up as she glared at him. "Feelings mutual" she replied to the boy as he snickered. "I missed you delilah" Cole glanced to the brunette girl as she flashed him a smile.

"Aww! I missed you too coley!" She exclaimed as Cole smiled triumphantly. "I am officially the favorite" he cheered as Delilah laughed and shook her head. "Only because you're swiftie. And you're nice" she explained as Lukes arm now rested at her waist. 

Luke laughed at his girlfriend and Cole. He loved watching her interact with his family, Jacks friends, along with Umich boys. He had so much pride knowing that he had such a amazing girlfriend.

"Woo! Hear that jack and z!" Cole teased as they rolled their eyes and shook their heads. "Congrats" Jack said sarcastically as Cole glared at him. Delilah and Luke headed to the patio and sat down on the couch.

She took a bite of the juicy red watermelon as she turned to looked motioning to the bowl as he nodded his head. She handed him a piece but before he took it he took a bite of it while she still held it in her hand. "Luke!" She giggled as he had a goofy grin on his face.