Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Jenna Jonas

Emma's Pov

What did Mr. Arnold just say to me? This cant be happening...all this time my parents-I mean these people have been lying to me! I could have been having a great fun life with my family but instead I'm in hell.

"Wha-at are you talking about, my parent are suppose to be Anna and Kevin?" I shrieked to Mr. Arnold. Before he answered me I ran up to my room and locked the door, all of this pressure was just to much for me. These mixed emotions were running through my head. But the only one that stuck out to me the most was WHY?

I got up from my little bed and headed to the bathroom. Its been a long time since I cut myself because every time I did they would put salt on my open wounds and it wasn't worth the pain. But everything I'm going through right now it seems right. Under the sink I taped a little thin piece of glass that I used to cut myself with. My "parents" never found the glass but they knew it was somewhere in the house. Once I got the razor loose I grab a old piece of cloth that I had in one of my cubbies and pulled up a stool. I usually cut myself on my thigh but this time I wanted to feel more pain so I decided to cut my wrist.

"Okay Emma you can do this, the pain will help you remember that." I protested to myself. As I put the cold piece of glass on my wrist there was a knock on my bedroom door. There was to much pain to stop now I had to finish what I started.

"Emma open the door we need to talk about this". My trance was so deep that I couldn't even tell who was calling my name.

"Must cut...I must cut....must cut!" That was the moment I pressed the glass on my skin and cut my wrist slowly. Trust me it hurt like a mother but that didn't matter at the moment. All that matter is that I felt pain.

" Emma open this door right now or I will kick it down". This time I could tell it was Mr. Arnold that was calling my name out loud. But it was to late, I was so far from being okay that at the moment I wanted to die. My real parents didn't even want me so it wouldn't matter if I died.

Everything was turning black with red spots in my eyes. I just let myself go, I didn't want anymore torture than I already had. Right when I fell off of the chair I heard the door bust down and slight little muffles. Then I was consumed into the darkness.

---------------------------------------------------

When I woke up I was staring at a white ceiling that was above me. The last thing that I remember was that I was cutting myself and me falling on the ground. After that it was just all vague to me. Where was I?

Beep.....Beep....Beep

What the hell was that noise?

The sound that I was hearing was my heart beat monitor. I was in the hospital! Well I guess that would make sense since (A/N lol get I...NO? ok) I fell on the ground and passed out.  I turned my head to see that a IV was in my arm. I hated IV's because you never knew what they were putting in you. I was truly starting to get getting scared now. But no one was in my room.

The heart beat monitor started beeping like crazy which was really pissing my the flying tuck off . A lady that looked like she was in her mid 20s ran in with a lady and a guy that I also didn't know.

"Emma I am Dr. Hall and I will be taking care today hun". Dr. Hall stated to me. She had beach blonde hair that was in a neat bun with a bow in it. You can tell that she a good fashion sense because she was wearing high heels that were like 5" and were yellow. Her makeup was very light but you could see the hint of blue on her eye lids and the coral lipstick she was wearing.

"Thanks Dr. I really do appreciate it but who are these people no offense?" I said in a low monotone voice.

Who were they? Why were they here?

The lady was crying while the guy was holding her tight in his arms. They both looked sort of young but old enough to be parents. Only if my real parent were here to comfort me....

"Um Emma these are you parents and they are here to take you to your new home". She said in a happy tone.

"That's impossible my real parents hate me, they even gave me up for adoption so that's not them I'm sorry." I said. Why would my real parent fly all they way to the United States to come see a person that they hate. Obviously they weren't my parents, so either they are lying to me or they are imposters.

The lady in the corner with her husband spoke up. "Emma darling that isn't true we love you and we never gave you up for adoption, that sick lady kidnaped you. For your whole life we wanted the best for you but we just couldn't find you but dear we never gave up! You must believe us hunny!" She cried.

"So I'm going home with you guys? I don't know if I can trust you guys. I've been through a lot of torture and.. and its to much to handle!" I start to cry because the thought of all the abuse and rape was to much. The wounds seem so fresh on me like it was yesterday.

------------------------------------

Flashback

"Emma get you ass out here right now or else I will come in there and get you myself!" Kevin yelled.

I was only 10 when the abuse started. It was a sunny day in June and school had ended about and hour ago so I started my homework.

"Yes father here I come." That was weird. My father has never cussed in my whole life time. Maybe he is just mad because mum never made dinner today.

I shuffled down the stairs to the living room to see papa and mum smoking cigarettes and drinking a bottle of vodka. That's weird why were they drinking and smoking? Mum always told me that drinking and smoking was bad for you.

"Emma darling you look sluttier than ever come over here and sit on my lap!" father hollered.

"Papa why did you call me that I thought I was your princess?" I scurried over to papa's lap and sat on him.

"Emma don't question you father you bitch!" She got up from the couch and slapped me onto the ground.

My mother never hit me before. But my instinct told me that it would never end. It would just keep going and going and going. That slap hurt really bad and I felt blood dripping from it. She must have been wearing a ring because I could feel the impression of it.

"Mum please stop it I'm sorry for whatever I did to you and father. If I hurt Luke any way I'm so sorry!" But nothing I said stopped them. The last thing I remember was Kevin bending down and punching me.

Flashback Over

---------------------------------------------------

"Emma darling are you okay you staring into space....Emma!" My mother yelled in my face. Her yell woke me up from my horrific day dream I was having in front of everyone.

"I'm sorry I was just thinking about everything that has happened to me ya know." I whimpered.

My mother walked over to me and bent down in front of me.

"Then tell us what happened over theses past years then." They said in unison.