16. Interhigh - 2

Tooru had taken it upon himself to go through and observe the girls teams to give you stats on each of the players. Niiyama Girls' High being a team that always makes it to finals along with Shiratorizawa.

So there you were, watching the end of Niiyama's quarterfinals with your brother and Iwaizumi.

Shiratorizawa had advanced onto semi finals and were set to play Aoba Johsai, so you had less than an hour and a half until warmups started. Tooru was seated besides you as he gave you a briefing on some of their attacks and counter attacks, though it could all change in the middle of the game depending on the circumstances.

"Setters love to rile up their opponents then use a dump on them when they're least expecting it. So keep that in mind."

"Takes one to know one don't it?" Hajime smirked, receiving a glare from Tooru.

"Tooru, I'm pretty sure they'd use a dump when they notice I'm not paying attention, so I don't see the point in being mindful of it." you shrugged as you stuffed the last of the banana your mom had handed you into your mouth. Tooru shrugged as he stood up and threw his bag over his shoulder.

"I guess you're right, but even so. We need to start heading to our court."

He sighed as you all began to walk towards the stairs.

"We'll come back in time to see at least one part of your game though Y/N." Iwaizumi smiled.

"It sucks how the boys' and girls' games are at different gyms." you sighed as the three of you reached the entrance.

"On some occasions." Tooru shrugged as he held the door open for you and Iwaizumi to walk through.

"Good luck little bunny~" Tooru grinned as he began walking through the parking lot. You waved them off before turning to sit on one of the outdoor benches.

You stuck your hands into your tracksuits pockets as you stretched out your legs, looking at the birds passing by.
You felt your phone ring before whipping it out of your pocket.

Rin🗿🚮
Would like to FaceTime...

You slid your finger across the screen to answer, instantly being met by a blob of dyed blonde hair and brown eyes, eyebrows furrowed as he looked into the camera.

"Did she ans-"
"Ah! Y/N-chan!"
He cut off what sounded like Suna as he held the phone up and away from his face.

"Atsumu?"
"What's up Y/N!" he gave you a big smile as he moved the phone to show two other boys next to him, all three of them sitting in their black and white jerseys.

Despite your pretty long friendship you hadn't seen their faces apart from the pictures you had sent each other, just to put a face to the voices.

"I knew you dyed your hair but you know... toner exists?" the two next to him burst out laughing as Atsumu yelled at them to shut up.

"Yours came out pretty good though 'Samu" you smiled at him as you received a message from Kaneko.

Kanekoo🔆💕
Come to the hallway we were at before!
Something came up for another team so our game was moved up

"Thanks"
Osamu smirked as he looked over at his glaring brother. You stood up and started walking back to the building.

"How were quarterfinals?" Suna asked as he snatched his phone before Atsumu had the chance to throw it at his brother.

"We won, how were yours?" you asked as you entered the lobby.

"We won too, we're going to have to start warming up in a bit though." he sighed as he leaned back into his seat.