24. Interhigh Nationals

85%

You threw the ball up, running up for your approach. Hand cranked back.

You looked over to the other side of the court, making eye contact with one of their first year starters.

You brought your palm up, making impact with the ball as it flew over, ricocheting off the first year's arms. You landed seconds after she had tried to bump it up. Seeing as it rolled away, the whistle blew to finalize your point.

You high fived your teammates as you zoned out the cheering around you.

My concentration is top notch today

You nodded to yourself as you catched the ball. Twirling it in your hands as you stepped away from the end line.

First set
Rato - Shiratorizawa
6-4

You bounced the ball as you waited for the refs whistle. Twirling it one last time after it.
You threw the ball up, running up for your approach.

90%

You cranked your arm back, jumping up as you looked over at the first year again. Your palm collided with it, sending it flying straight at the first year. She hesitated a bit before moving to the side.

"Out!"
You landed seconds after, looking up at the line ref.

In.

You snickered to yourself as you turned to grab the ball again. Ignoring the cheers and commentators chattering. You stepped away from the end line again. Twirling the ball in your hands before bouncing it.

90%

You threw it up, starting your approach as you cranked your hand back. You looked over at the first year again, hand hitting the ball the second one of the third year receivers switched with her. The third year receiving the ball instead.

You clicked your tongue as you landed. The third year had barely managed to bump it up to their setter, her receive being a bit shaky. Nevertheless their setter moved under it, setting a quick to their middle blocker.

It would've worked.

If their setters form hadn't crumbled, giving Nakayama a clear view of where she was setting to. Rato's middle blocker spiked right into Nakayama's hands. Nakayama shutting her down completely.

"Nice block Na-ka-ya-ma! Nakayama! Nakayama!"

First set
Rato - Shiratorizawa
6-6

"Nice serve!"
You hummed as you catched the ball, repeating the same process for the fourth time.

You jumped up again, making eye contact with the same first year from before. Snickering to yourself as you saw their third year begin to switch with her. You smirked at them, changing your serve into a soft one at the last second.

You landed seconds after, seeing as their setter and wing spiker had dug to pick it up. They turned to glare up at you after missing, a smirk painting your face as you looked at them.

You moved to the end line again, letting your concentration falter a bit to hear the cheering.

"Nice kill O-i-ka-wa! Oikawa! Oikawa!"

"Another powerful service ace from the Shiratorizawa first year. Oikawa-"

You hummed to yourself as you twirled the ball in your hands, looking up at the ref blow his whistle. You threw the ball up, starting your approach as your arm cranked back.