89. W's

"Hay que tomarlo con soda." (Let's take it easy)

"This isn't our first time playing Niiyama anyways." You sighed, looking back at the others as they smiled, nodding along to the Spanish you had mindlessly spoken. None of them wanting to point it out.

Shiratorizawa v Niiyama

3 - 5

You breathed in, crouching back down into receiving position as you held both arms out over your knees.

You looked across the court, slowly canceling out all the outside noises.

The bouncing of the ball.

The cheers of the crowd.

The chatter on the sidelines.

Instead you focused on your breathing, hearing it echo in your head as the whistle echoed along with it.

You looked at the ball glide over to you, registering your last breath before stepping to the side.

"Mine!"

Your cheeks were puffed as you bumped the ball back up, the cheers and voices fading back to full volume.

"Right!"

Okada called out, running up as you ran up behind her, already crouched and ready to receive the ball.

Okada jumped up, Kaneko quickly set the ball to her as you saw it glide over, looking at Okada's nearly perfected stance.

Her back arched backwards, her arm held at an angle over her head before it rapidly flung forward. She slammed the ball forward, the slap of her palm on the ball merging with the ball slapping on Niiyama's captain's palm.

The ball ricocheted back towards you, Okada's strength reflecting in it as you huffed while receiving it, your forearms stinging as Kaneko ran to pick it up.

You looked over at the others setting up, Oguri guarding the left side as you guarded the right.

Ishimizu ran across the court, sliding to the side before jumping as Kaneko set the ball to her, easily slamming the ball down at the lack of blockers.

It had been a move Ishimizu had rarely done before, efficiently catching Niiyama off guard as the whistle blew, all of you rotating for Shiratorizawa's serve.

-

You breathed in, bouncing the ball with a blank expression, completely contrasting the multitude of thoughts running through your head.

You held the ball in your hands when the whistle blew, taking a deep breath as you rolled it between your hands.

You lifted it up before you, throwing it up before jogging up.

1

2

3

You counted your steps.

Plant

Before planting your feet on the ground and pushing yourself up with the balls of your feet and a swing of your arms.

You puffed your cheeks before pushing out the pent up air as you slammed your palm against the ball, landing with a huff as you jogged up to defend.

Instead of preparing for a receive however, you watched as Niiyama's proclaimed ace struggled to pick it up.

She stepped back as she received the serve, looking up at it floating to the stands, one of Niiyama's students catching it in shock.

You sighed, unimpressed as you turned away from Niiyama's cheering section, all of them looking at you in shock as you instead looked over at Shiratorizawa's cheering section, waving like you had seen the American models do at the crowd.