78. I <3 You

!! Bullying and themes relating to it !!
__

Tik

Tok

Tik

Tok

You mindlessly sat on the engawa, deepening the spot you had found yourself sitting in during the past couple of days.

You stared out at the familiar setting of your backyard, letting yourself fall into the sounds all the adornments made.

The trickling of the water in the pond, the rustling of the tree and bush leaves, the small rasps of the sand picked up with the wind. The distant sound of cars passing by on the roads, the tick-tocking of the clock in the room connected to the engawa.

Everything filled your senses, filling you with a sense of comfort, but not enough to keep you distracted from the thoughts rampaging through your head.

"Who?! Oikawa?"

You stopped in your tracks, glancing into the classroom you were walking past before unconsciously hiding behind the door.

"Yea, you haven't heard the rumors?" One of the boys snickered, looking around at the group of both girls and guys gathering around him.

"Bunny?"

You glanced up, looking straight into your brother's eyes, your own starting to overflow with tears.

"Nii-"

"Y/N-chan!" Another voice called out, making you look back where you caught sight of the other people accompanying him.

You glanced back, forcing back your tears as you stood up, cursing yourself for forgetting today was the day your brother was set to bring his teammates over.

"Hello Matsukawa-san." You smiled, walking past Tooru as you ignored the obvious look of concern he was giving you.

"No way Y/N-chan, are you joining us today?" Matsukawa asked, nudging you as a sly grin grew on his face.

You puffed out a laugh, slowly shaking your head as you gave him a small smile.

"I was just about to leave actually, maybe next time." You hummed, glancing back to see some of their teammates' shoulders drop in both relief and disappointment.

He pouted, stretching his arms up before letting one fall over your shoulders and pulling you in.

"Alright then, have fun on your outing little bunny."

You poked his side, causing him to let you go as you snickered with Hanamaki before beginning to say your goodbyes.

You were about to step out onto the hallway leading to your room before both Iwaizumi and Tooru stopped you in your tracks.

"Bunny..." Tooru said, his face painted in concern.

"Are you okay?" Iwaizumi asked, looking at you with an equal expression.

"She's a total fox I tell you!" The boy snickered. "Have you all noticed how she's been hanging out with Ushiwaka-san more these days?"

The spectators hummed, urging him to continue as a sly grin grew on the boy's face.

"And how she's been distancing herself from Shirabu too?"

Some of them gasped while others looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" One of his friends questioned.

"It's obvious she's going around! Didn't you see how close and lovey-dovey she used to be with Shirabu? She acts like that with Ushiwaka-san now, too!"