87. Flower Field

"Now would you look at that."

You sighed, crossing your arms as you scowled at the board in front of you.

"What?" Sasaki asked, walking up next to you as she also looked up at the board of matches on the wall in front of her.

"We're playing Niiyama for semi-finals."

Sasaki let out a small 'oh' before shrugging and moving back.

"Okay? And why do you seem so bummed about that?"

You raised a brow at her, confused as to what she was trying to get at.

"It simply means the finals will be easier." She smirked, seeing as the realization hit you before you laughed boisterously and softly punched her arm.

"You're right Sasaki~! I like the way your brain works." You exclaimed with a bright smile.

Sasaki could only snicker as she nodded along. "Yes, Oikawa, you've told me that before."

You puffed out a laugh, letting your arm fall around her shoulders as you dragged her in with you. Unaware of the gazes locked on your backs.

"Why was she laughing so joyously?" Maiko asked with a raise of her brow, walking up to the board to see the placements.

Kanoka looked at your figure disappearing inside the gymnasium, jumping in her spot at the sudden noise Maiko made.

"We're playing Shiratorizawa in semi-finals!" She basically cheered, jumping up high as she clung to Kanoka's shoulders. "That means once we beat Shiratorizawa, nationals are basically promised!"

"Maiko-"

"And we can wipe the floor with Oikawa's tears this time around!" Maiko grinned, having spoken thoughtlessly before getting shocked by Kanoka's sudden shout.

"Maiko! You can't say that!" She scolded her, her lips pressed together as she looked at the different teams walking in right beside them.

Johzenji raised a brow at them, one who Kanoka recognized as the captain even scowled at her.

The Dateko girls were walking past too, all of them looking at them in shame. They slowly shook their heads, looking ahead as a couple sighed.

Yet the last ones who were walking in glared at them, the glare was so intense Kanoka was tempted to hide in her jacket. Karasuno was scary, no matter the team.

"All of Oikawa's friends and followers are looking at us weirdly." Kanoka mumbled, looking up at Maiko as she sighed.

"Okay, and? Their stares aren't gonna stop us from winning against someone with mediocre—"

Kanoka basically slapped her hands over Maiko's mouth, looking down as a pair of Aoba Johsai boys walked past. Kanoka had briefly recognized one as your brother.

Maiko looked up at them, quickly regretting it as she looked away, hearing them walk away with a huff.

"It seems like just anyone can run their mouths these days." Tooru grumbled, fists clenched in his jacket pockets as Iwaizumi glared back at them.

The two guys walked in, almost instantly being swarmed with stares as all the girls around began to whisper Tooru's name.

"Is that Oikawa Tooru?"

"No way... why is he here and not at the guys' matches?"

"Look! It's Aoba Johsai's setter!"

"The golden boy?"