91. Class Inspection

"Class inspection day."

You looked at your mother, raising a brow as she nodded.

"I'm going to Shiratorizawa today, since Yuuta went last year, and he's going to Aoba Johsai with Ruru today." She smiled, sliding her arm into her coat as you re-adjusted your bag on your shoulder.

"But isn't it going to be the same thing as last year?" You asked her, looking at her walk up to you as she fixed your bow.

"Maybe, but I'm also going to stand in at your practice, isn't that fun?" She smiled cheekily, giggling at your confused expression before kissing your forehead. "This is the part where you agree with me, bunny."

"Yes, Mamma."

She hummed, picking up her bag as she quickly double checked she had everything she needed in it.

"Splendid, let's get going then."

You nodded, happy to get a ride to school but still not understanding why despite all the years you've been in school, your mother still insisted on attending classroom inspections.

-

"Thus, canceling out the variable which would leave..."

You sighed, bored over the mathematics being taught as you were about to lean down and take a quick nap, before remembering your mother was sitting at the back of the classroom.

You glanced back, watching as she scribbled into her little notebook before looking up when she felt your eyes.

She smiled softly, giving you a small wave before pointing her pen forward, urging you to look back.

You waved back, looking forward and instead of paying attention, settling on doodling on your worksheet, not excited to hear about the notes she was taking.

Which would most likely be criticisms of the way the teacher teaches.

You waited desperately for time to pass by faster, longing for the end of this class when you'd be released for lunch break.

You continued doodling, looking up when the teacher called your name.

"Oikawa-san."

You nodded.

"What was your response for number six on the worksheet?"

You looked down at your worksheet, knowing that you had glanced over and copied Shirabu's answers before responding with confidence.

"Fifty-six centimeters." You said, with a proud smile, flinching at your teacher's immediate response.

"Wrong."

"Gah-" You grumbled to yourself, looking at Shirabu who only shrugged in equal confusion and erased his answer.

You lowered your head, ignoring your classmates' small snickers to your response as you looked into the space in your desk.

You reached in and quickly popped one of the puchao jellies in your mouth, stuffing the bag back in as you looked back up, refreshed and concealing your embarrassment.

You heard a small snicker in the back, causing you to look back mid-chew to see your mother sporting a small smile.

She held up a small paper, the number '500' written on it as your mouth dropped open.

How were you... no, how was Shirabu that far off?

You turned back forward, finishing your jelly as you scratched your head, looking between the board and your worksheet and admitting defeat.