11. Oversleeping

"Yahoo Y/N-chan" you heard your brother's voice boom out of the speaker, along with some muffled voices repeating your name.

"I did it Tooru."

You told him with a shaky voice.

"Did it? DID YOU DO THE NAST-"

"I got selected as a starter" you cut him and his weird ideas off.

Tooru didn't answer nor did he make any of his annoying gasps. You just heard the sound of volleyballs hitting the court from over the phone and from the gym you had just stepped outside of.

"...and she was a starter!"

"A STARTER"

Matsukawa and Takahiro's voices boomed as they both broke off into giggles along with you.

"Oikawa! Get back in here unless you want to be running laps at the end of practice."

Coach Kojima called out as he peeked outside. You quickly turned to look at him and bowed.

"Yes sir."

You said as you straightened up and started walking towards the gym.

"Hah. Sorry guys I'll talk to you later." You whisper-yelled into the phone before hanging up and running to your sports bag.

"Bye Oi- Ah, she hung up" Mattsun looked at Tooru's screen before sighing and looking over at Makki.

"AND SHE WAS STARTER"

Makki yelled out prompting Mattsun to follow, "A STARTER" he snickered before walking back onto the court.

Tooru put his phone back into his bag before walking back to the court himself.

He looked over at Hajime who also had the same blank expression he had. Tooru observed Hajime as his eyes danced around the court before locking eyes with Tooru who had been mumbling under his breath, "and she was a starter."

"a starter." Hajime finished as they both cracked a smile and looked over at Mattsun and Makki.

"AND SHE WAS STARTER"

They both yelled as they ran and jumped towards them.

"A STARTER!" Mattsun and Makki yelled back, cupping their hands around their mouth and slightly leaning backwards.

They cheered as they all high fived with grins painted on their faces.

"YOU FOUR QUIT YELLING AND GET BACK TO PRACTICE!" Coach Mizoguchi yelled at them from the other side of the court as coach Irihata let out an airy laugh.

"And she was a starter."

_______________

"JuSt bEcauSe I wAs scOUteD doeSn'T mEAn I'm goiNg To Be PiCkEd As a stARter." Suna said with a high pitched voice as he tried to mimic yours.

"If I knew you were gonna act like this I would've called the twins first. At least they'd freak out with me." You grumbled.

"The twins this- the twins that. If you love them so much why didn't you call them first?" Suna said as he clicked his tongue.

"Are you jealous Rinrin? If it bothers you that much then maybe I will go call them." You laughed, reaching up to touch the ceiling from the top bunk you laid on.

"Tch. I'm not jealous." He grumbled back as you both fell into a comfortable silence. You've fallen into the routine of ending your days by calling Suna. Throughout the day you'd normally be bombarded by texts and calls from Atsumu, food posts from Osamu and cat memes from Kenma.