26. Day Two

"Now then, as usual...I believe in you."
...
"Are you threatening me Tooru-nii?
"No dumbass- you know what, whatever." He huffed before hanging up on you.
You giggled as you looked at his name flashing on your screen, turning to put your phone away before it vibrated.

Toeru🤡👽
Good luck

You shook your hands a bit, lightly jumping in your spot as you looked around the court.
The refs whistle blew as you turned to look forward, flinching when you made eye contact with the opposing teams blocker.

Scary

You mentally shuttered as you got into receiving position, keeping your straight face on.

Omayama's server threw the ball up, spiking the ball over with some intense strength.
Goto quickly shifted under it, bumping it up with puffed cheeks.

"Nice receive!" Nakamoto yelled out as she shifted under the ball, jumping up as Nakayama, Okada and you began your approaches.

"Okada!"
Nakamoto yelled out, Okada jumping up seconds before the blockers. She cranked her arm back, spiking the ball at her full strength. Omayama's blockers shutting it down as you dug to pick it up, missing. You grumbled after hearing the refs whistle, moving to stand back up.

Omayama v Shiratorizawa
1-0

A nasty serve and killer block

You shook your limbs some more, getting back into receiving position as you stared at their server spike the ball over.

Fun

Osaki bumped the ball up to Nakamoto, humming as she started her approach along with the rest of you.

You ran back, waiting a couple seconds before starting your own approach, jumping up in the air as Nakamoto jumped up to set.

You looked back at her, making eye contact with her before the ball went flying over to you.
You spiked it down, barely missing the blockers hands.

The refs whistle blew, indicating it as your point.

Omayama's scarier in person

-

Omayama v Shiratorizawa
4-5

You twirled the ball in your hands, breathing in as the ref blew the whistle. Instantly blocking out all the cheering around you before throwing the ball up.

You ran up, looking across the court as your cheeks puffed up, spiking it at one of your imaginary water bottles.

Crap crap crap crap

You landed seconds after, mouth wide open as you saw the ball hit behind the end line.
You groaned as you clutched your hair, turning to apologize to the team before getting back into position.

I didn't time that one right

"The second game of the day for both Omayama High and Shiratorizawa Academy."

The commentators began their chattering.
Omayama's server threw the ball up, starting her approach.

"Omayama is a strong competitor, one of the fan favorites to win the tournament."

"Osaki!"
Osaki jumped up, arm cranked back as she spiked a cross shot, avoiding the blockers.

"Now we shouldn't go underestimating Shiratorizawa."

Omayama's libero dug up the ball, passing it to their setter with practiced ease. Their setter jumped up, passing it to their middle blocker for a quick. Mori and Nakamoto jumped up, blocking her straight as they forced her to spike a cross shot. Goto shifted it under it, bumping it up to Nakamoto.