37. Hyogo

Thank you for 5k reads😩💕

"Gramma!"

"Ah, Ruru!"

Tooru grinned, skipping over to granny Oikawa and ducking to recieve her head pat. Grandmother giggled, ruffling his hair a bit before he stood back up straight. "Did you miss me Obaachan?"

Your grandmother hummed, pinching his cheek with a sweet smile. "Of course I'd miss my handsome grandson."
Tooru hummed, content with her answer. He opened his mouth to ask another question but was instead interrupted by your voice.

"Gramma!"

They looked towards the door, seeing you run at full speed up the pathway to the front door. "Gramma!"

You giggled, slightly jumping as you caught her eye. You abruptly stopped at the front door, switching out your shoes for your slippers and dropping the bags around your shoulders on the genkan.

You skipped over to your grandmother, stopping in front of her and slightly ducking as you waited for your own head pat.

She giggled, giving you your long awaited head pat as you purred to her touch. You ignored Tooru's grumbles as you reached for her hands, smiling brightly. "Your favorite granddaughter's back, Obaachan."

She giggled, nodding as she lightly pulled you down to kiss your forehead. You smiled wider, beaming as she ruffled your hair.

"Gramma." Tooru whined. "Why didn't I get a kiss?"

You deadpanned at him, seeing him nonchalantly lean down with his forehead up. Your grandmother lightly swatted him, kissing his forehead either way.

He stood up straight, smiling brightly at her before turning to you and sticking his tongue out. You glared at him, lifting your fist to which he automatically flinched. He stood up straight right after, dusting himself as he pretended that didn't just happen.

Your grandmother lightly snickered at the scene, turning towards the front door when your parents walked through.

"Calm down you two."

You father laughed, setting down the bags before switching out his shoes. "We just got here and you're already bothering your Obaasan."

You smiled, "Cute grandchildren are never a bother."

Tooru nodded at your side, your grandmother only giggling at your actions.
After a twelve hour road trip you had safely arrived at Hyogo, visiting your grandmother just like every other summer.

"Go settle in, the food's ready."

Tooru and you nodded enthusiastically, picking up your discarded bags and racing towards your room. He had passed you with his longer legs but you managed to step on the back of his slipper, tripping him forward as he fell with a dramatic squeal.

You giggled, jumping over him as you sprinted to your room, not getting very far when you face planted after Tooru pulled your own slipper. Thus starting your grumbling and insult throwing.

Your parents and grandmother stood at the door, looking at the two of you drop your bags and square up to the other.
"Sorry about them." Your father sighed, about to yell at the two of you to stop when you lunged at Tooru, pinning him down under you.

Your grandmother waved him off, giggling as she started walking towards the kitchen. "It's good for the house to have more life to it."

You did end up getting scolded.

Even so, you returned to your room with another win against Tooru, snickering as you redid your messed up ponytail.

You went down for breakfast with your family, eating and helping a bit with the pick up before returning to your room. You took out some clothes, putting them away before stuffing the suitcase under the bed.