72. Fingers

"Ohayo~"

"Why're you saying it like that?!" You scowled, pushing Kaneko away as she dropped her doll-like smile, snickering as you and Sasaki glared at her.

"If you were a haunted doll in my house, I'd burn you."

"Pft-" You looked away, ignoring Kaneko's glare as you high-fived Sasaki. "Nice~" You told her with a bright smile.

"I'll haunt your-"

"Oi." Okada cut off Kaneko, glaring down at all three of you with her arms crossed, looking taller and much more intimidating from standing on the stands above you. "Get your asses off those seats and start warming up."

Sasaki and Kaneko stilled, going pale as they nodded, rapidly standing up and throwing their bags on.

You sighed, throwing your bag on as you looked up at Okada with a blank face.

You held each other's stare, Kaneko and Sasaki looking at you as if you were crazy as they debated between leaving you to handle a mad Okada by yourself or suffer with you; but before they could decide, you decided for them.

"Alright captain!" You said with your softened, anime-like voice. You popped a hip to the side, lifting two fingers to your forehead in a type of salute as you winked at her.

Sasaki and Kaneko looked at you with wide eyes, slowly looking up to see how a mad-seeming Okada would take in your actions.

Okada jumped up, imitating your pose as she also softened her voice to imitate an anime girls' voice. "Get to it." She giggled, both of holding the stance before standing up straight again.

You bowed to her at a ninety degree angle, standing up as she bowed back at a fifty degree angle. She stood up straight again, both of you nodding to one another before turning in opposite directions and marching off like fake soldiers, breaking out in laughter a couple steps later as you turned back to look at each other.

"Go warm up! I'll go look for the last of the first years." She smiled, waving you off as you hummed, smiling back before leading Kaneko and Sasaki down to the lobby, a safe distance before Kaneko nudged you.

"How'd you know she wasn't mad?"

"Rai-san doesn't cuss when she's mad. The blank look in her eyes is enough to send shivers down your spine." You hummed, Kaneko and Sasaki nodding before Sasaki asked. "I don't think we've ever seen her truly mad?"

You nodded, sticking your hands in your pockets as Kaneko sighed. "We never saw Nakayama-san genuinely mad either."

"Guess it's a captain thing." Sasaki nodded, glancing up at you as she grinned. "Though I bet that when Oikawa becomes captain she'll be the first to get genuinely angry."

You wiped your head around to look at her, raising your brows as you began bickering. "What makes you say that? Wait-no, why're you talking about something so far away? Are you already wishing for our Senpais to graduate?" You shook your head, Kaneko imitating you as you looked back at Sasaki. "You're a bad kouhai Sasaki, I never thought you to be one." You sighed.

"What-"

You sighed again, slightly louder as you and Kaneko shook your heads in unison.

"No-"

You sighed again, Kaneko sighing with you to make it louder.

"You guys-"

...

You robotically walked up to Mori, stopping as you stood with your hands at your side.

She blinked at you, raising a brow when you began to move your hand up in stiff movements similar to that of a robot. You gave her a generic smile, dropping the smile as you moved your upper body at the same time as your hand in a wave. "Ohayo!"