29. Beef

Are you saying you already know the limitations of your power? You think you know all about your technique, your body, your mind, even though none of those have been perfected ...

You sighed as you looked down at your reflection in the draining sink water, ignoring the glances of the girls entering the bathroom. You looked up at the mirror in front of you, reaching for a paper towel as you wiped away the water dribbling down your face. You looked in the mirror one last time before pulling your sleeves down and throwing your bag over your shoulder.

I can't hide in the bathroom forever

You walked out the bathroom, turning the corner but stumbling back at the sudden impact on your forehead. A pair of hands stabilizing you by your arms.

I'm getting deja vu

You massaged your forehead a bit as you looked up, making eye contact with the same light brown haired and brown eyed boy from last time.

"We've got to stop meeting like this, Saviour-chan." you smiled up at him, smile turning to giggles when his face flushed pink again. You looked to his side, the same spiky haired boy from last time looking at you with a disgusted look.

"Hello Seagull-chan." You smiled at the boy as he turned to look at you with a confused look.

"Seagull-chan?"
You nodded, "Your eyes remind me of a seagull." the brown haired boy lightly snickered as the spiky haired boy scoffed, crossing his arms as he looked away. "My name's Hoshiumi Kourai."

You giggled at his childness before looking up at the boy still holding you in his hands. "Hirugami Sachirou." you nodded as you smiled at them.

"I'm-"
"Oikawa Y/N?!" You stopped, hearing the footsteps of two girls getting closer. "Please. She doesn't live up to the expectations they were setting for her." You looked down, not daring to make eye contact with the boys in front of you.

"They call her an all rounder. Did you see her receives and serves last game?" she laughed, her boisterous laugh sending a chill down your spine as you shrunk in Hirugami's hold. "They even compare her to Ushiwaka."

They emerged from the hallway, the girl that had been listening stopped walking, looking at the three of you in shock. "I'd be embarrassed if I was Ushiwaka." She snickered, looking back at her friend that had stopped walking before following her gaze.

She looked up at you staring back at her, your eyes more sad than angry while Hoshiumi glared at her and Hirugami looked at you with concern.

"I-"

"Bunny-chan!" Tendou called as he skipped over to you, interrupting the girl behind you.

"I have to go." You looked up at Hirugami, giving him a small smile before wiggling out of his hold. "Bunny-chan?" Tendou asked as he stopped a couple steps away from you. You smiled at him before turning to look at Hoshiumi and Hirugami.

"Oikawa Y/N, my name's Oikawa Y/N." you smiled at them before turning to walk towards Tendou. Dragging him along with you as he stayed quiet, looking at you with a mix of confusion and concern.

Hoshiumi and Hirugami looked at your disappearing figure before turning to look at the girls. Hoshiumi instantly glared at them, making them shrink as Hirugami looked at them with a blank expression.

"Hisamitsu?" Hoshiumi asked as he read the logo on their jackets, turning to glare back up at them again. "You're part of Hisamitsu?"
The girls nervously nodded as they further shrank under their glare. "I didn't see you two out on the court though." Hirugami added, keeping his blank expression as he looked at them. "We-we were on the sidelines."