80. Interview

"Y/N?"

"You gotta call her Oikawa-san dumbass! You're being recorded." One of your classmates grumbled, knocking her friend in the back as Satou from the newspaper club gave them a shy smile.

"Yes, we're looking to write a small article on her and have been interviewing different people who might've interacted with her. Since you're both in her class, one of you being her past seat mate I'd guess you've had plenty of interactions with her?" Satou asked, glancing at the girl who had casually called your first name mere seconds ago.

She hummed, sitting back as she softly rubbed the spot her friend had hit her at. "Well... what do you want to know?"

"Oikawa's a pretty outgoing yet introverted person... I noticed this back during the time in which those rumors about her were at their peak."

"Yo, here's the yogurt you asked for, Oikawa, and your change."

You looked up from your workbook, smiling brightly at your new seat mate as you took the small box and your change.

Your expression soured as you looked at the two coins in your hand, the two coins you had given her for the drink.

"Yoshi-chan-" You began grumbling, cut off by her sigh as she stabbed her straw into her juice box.

"I'm not taking your money, a mere five hundred yen isn't gonna hurt my pockets you know." Yoshida grinned, seeing you deflate as you slowly nodded.

She hummed in content, sitting back as she took a look around the classroom.

She met the eyes of a couple girls glancing back to look at you, scowling at them as she dramatically dropped her mouth open with an unsaid "Hah."

The two girls paled, quickly turning around as Yoshida hummed, glancing at you meekly stabbing the yogurt.

She took notice of the quick glances you'd take up at your classmates, unconsciously shrinking in on yourself as you tried to pay attention to your workbook.

She also noticed the small and close to unnoticeable shake of your hand when holding your pencil or doing simple miscellaneous tasks.

Yoshida sighed, reaching back to take out her spare headphones before softly placing them over your ears.

You flinched at first, calming down when you saw her from the corner of your eye and turned to her completely when she had finished setting the headphones down.

"What're these for Yoshi-chan?" You asked, trying to slip them off before being stopped by her. She handed you what looked like her old iPod, already opened to her music app as she nodded at you to type a song in. "We can't listen to music—"

"And?"

"Pardon?" You asked, tilting your head at her in confusion.

"Why should we care? They can come at me if they have a problem with you listening to music, but I doubt they'll bring it up." She shrugged, glancing back at you giving her a look of total confusion. "My dad owns basically half of the school." She shrugged, glancing at you nodding in understanding.

"So you're rich, Yoshi-chan?"

She rested her arm on the desk behind her, her cheek on her palm as she smirked at you. "Basically."

You lightly giggled, causing Yoshida's smirk to fall into a soft smile, happy to see you more comfortable than how you were mere seconds ago.

"She may seem cold and distant..."