8. First Practice

You put on the black shirt with maroon practice shorts before tying your hair up in a ponytail. You made sure all your makeup was off, grabbed your bottle and gym shoes before walking out and locking the dorm.

You looked down at all the things in your arms and realized it'd have been better to bring a bag, so you reopened the dorm, and swung open the door when you heard something hit the door and the sound of footsteps approaching. You grabbed the little sports bag by the entrance before peaking your head out.
You looked around and didn't see anything, until you looked down and were slapped with strands of hair followed by rapid "sorry's".

Tears started forming in your eyes from the random hair strands that had intruded in them.

Once the tears had settled down you looked down to see a girl bowing, basically on the floor, in front of you.

"Oh my lord oh my lord oh my lord -"

She shot up and looked at you with glossy eyes,

"I'm so so sorry, my water bottle rolled away and then I went to grab it but I didn't see you so I hit you with my hair and-"

She rambled on as you noticed she was wearing the same practice gear that you were.

Judging by the open door from the dorm next to mine, I'm guessing she's the other first year that was scouted.
Tendō-san said Shiratorizawa scouted an outside hitter and a setter this year, she must be the setter.

You placed your hands on her shoulders, stopping her rambling.

"You're fine" You smiled, not one of your fake ones, "it's not like your hair blinded me or anything, plus I'm sure you didn't mean to hair slap me." You laughed which caused her tense shoulders to loosen up a bit.

"So you're fine," You patted her cheek, this reminds me of my first meeting with Tobio. "Anyways, I'm Oikawa Y/N." You lifted your hands from her shoulders and smiled at her.

"K-Kaneko Asami"

She just stuttered, cute

You cleared your throat, stopping yourself from babying someone you had just met, "Do you play volleyball Kaneko-san?"

Her nervous expression changed in a second as she beamed and nodded vigorously at you.

"Yes! I know you play as an outside hitter right?" You hummed in response, "I've seen your games before! We were eliminated last year at the semi-finals so we didn't get the chance to play against you, but I saw your match!"

You must've been more stunned than you had thought, if her team made it to semifinals they must've been pretty good. You didn't recognize her but she must be pretty good considering she was scouted by Shiratorizawa. She must've noticed as her beaming features fell into nervous ones.

"Ah, it might be weird to hear that." she laughed nervously playing with her fingers.

"No! No, normally when people think of Oikawa they think of my brother." You smiled at her, "I'm not used to people knowing who I am." You giggled as she made a sad but happy expression.

"Don't doubt yourself Oikawa-san! Not only mine but many other schools know of you too! Especially the middle blockers!" You laughed at that before stuffing your belongings into the sports bag and closing your door, ushering her to close hers.
We'll be late for practice if we keep talking here.

"Thank you Kaneko-san"

She hummed as you walked down the stairs. She cleared her throat to get your attention, "Oikawa-san, back there you said people normally know your brother but um.." she trailed off as you reached the first floor.