18. Interhigh - finals

Niiyama Girls' High.
They've always been one Shiratorizawa's biggest rivals. One of the biggest powerhouse schools in the prefecture, and just like any other match, victory is never promised.
The third years lost both finals at interhigh and spring high against Niiyama last year.
So they were excited yet nervous for their long awaited rematch.

"All right, here we go!"

The cheers erupted through the hallways.
"All right! Is everyone ready?" Nakayama yelled out before doing a headcount.
"Yes!"

"Our opponent today..."

"What time are the boys finals Nakayama-san?"
You asked as the team started walking down the halls.

"... is Niiyama Girls' High School!"

"They're scheduled around three hours after ours."
"Shotaro said they were coming to watch our game, and I think Kojima-sensei said we'll be going over to watch theirs too."
Nakamoto added, as she placed her hands behind her head.
"Shotaro?" you asked.

"Nice to meet you!"

"That's the boys club captain." Nakamoto smiled at you.

"All right, here we go!"

"All right! We'll be starting official warmups once we're inside!"

"All right, here we go!"

The muffled cheers became crystal clear the moment the gym doors opened. The "all right here we go" morphed into cheering as the team walked in. Niiyama's Girls' club were already at the court stretching as Shiratorizawa walked past them to the other side of the court.
"Look at them walking in all smugly and late."
One of the players clicked her tongue and whispered. You glanced back and glared at the dark haired girl.

Just cuz you've been Miyagi's representative for years doesn't mean you'll continue to be.

Kaneko sighed as she placed her fingers on your back, pushing you forward.
"Come on Oikawa-chan."

-

"We will now begin the Japanese National High School Volleyball Tournament. Miyagi Prefecture Qualifiers, Girls' Finals."

Look at all the Tv crews

Shiratorizawa and Niiyama were lined up on opposite sides of the net.

"Miyagi Prefectural Shiratorizawa Academy versus Niiyama Girls' High."

You looked up at the stands as Nakayama walked over to shake hands with Niiyama's captain, before turning around and walking back to the line.

"We will now introduce the Shiratorizawa Academy starting lineup."
You breathed in, trying to calm your nerves so you wouldn't trip when running up.
"#1, Nakayama Mieko."
Nakayama high fived the coaches before running out onto the court.
"#2, Osaki Shino."
Osaki high fived the coaches before raising her hand up towards the stands.
"#3, Nakamoto Yuri."
Nakamoto ran out onto the court, a smile painting her face.
"#5, Mori Yoshiko."
Mori ran onto the court, bumping her fist up in the air.
"#11, Oikawa Y/N"
You ran out, waving enthusiastically with both hands up towards the stands.
"#4, Libero, Goto Utano."
Goto ran out, smirking as she took her spot on court.
"Coach, Aoki Mana."
Aoki gave a warm smile as she lifted her hand up to wave at the stands.

"Next, we will introduce the Niiyama Girls' High School starting lineup..."

-

"Ladies and gentlemen, please cheer on both teams and wish them the best."
The crowd started cheering as both teams moved to their position on court, turning around to show their numbers to the refs.
Mori switched out with Goto and made her way to the sidelines.