46. Deal?

"Onwards my brave steed!"

"Pft-"

Tendou whipped his head over to look at you, your hand up to your mouth as you tried to hold in your snickers. He glared at you, turning to look straight ahead as he set his hands on Reon's shoulders.

"Onwards!" He repeated, Reon and him walking up to the makeshift starting line.

Yamagata and Semi walked up next to them, Yamagata on Semi's back, before they started to bicker.

"Ready, Y/N-chan?"

You looked down, Ushijima was kneeling in front of you, giving you his back as he waited for you to climb on. You lightly giggled, stepping over him before he stood up, urging you to grab onto his shoulders for added support.

"Let's win this, Wakkun!"

Ushijima hummed, stepping up next to Semi and Yamagata, all of them looking up when Shirabu cleared his throat.

"Whoever gets to Kawanishi first wins." He said, looking back towards where Kawanishi was standing on the other side of the campus. "Extra points if you slap him." He hummed, stepping aside as the second years lifted a brow at his words. "I meant high-five him... same thing."

You snickered as he cleared his throat again, beginning to countdown.

"And... Go."

You gripped onto Ushijima's shoulders when your body jerked backwards as he started running, feeling his grip on your thighs tighten too before relaxing as you adjusted to his speed.

You looked back, flinching when Tendou stuck his tongue out at you, a couple feet behind you and Ushijima.

"They're right behind us Waka-san!" You yelled, loud enough to hear over the cheers of the spectators who had happened to be walking past when the race started. He nodded, picking up his speed as you inwardly shivered.

I knew he was fit... but how's he this fast while carrying me on his back?

You lightly shook your head, looking back to see Yamagata and Semi catching up to Reon and Tendou, both pairs a couple steps away from you. You looked back forward, Kawanishi rapidly approaching.

"High-five." Ushijima said.

You hummed, slightly leaning to the side as you prepared to fling your arm out. Kawanishi was waiting, hands out as he looked at your running placements, deciding to stay put so as to not get trampled on.

Ushijima picked up his speed, both of you high-fiving one of Kawanishi's outstretched hands and slowing to a stop, loud screeches and whines heard in the back as you both turned to look at the scene.

"Oi! That wasn't a high-five!" Kawanishi grumbled, one hand pressed to his side while the other was pressed over his collarbone. Red marks peeking out from beneath his shirt as Yamagata and Tendou lightly snickered.

"It was heated Taichi~" Tendou grinned, hopping off Reon's back as Ushijima and you stepped up, Ushijima still carrying you on his back.

"Sorry about that Kawanishi." Yamagata hummed, walking over to him and setting a hand down on his shoulder, giving him a melancholy look.

Kawanishi sighed, accepting the apologies just as a group of students came up to you. Students you recognized as part of the student council.

You shrieked, leaning in to whisper into Ushijima's ear. "Let's go Wakkun, turn around and walk away slowly."

Ushijima cocked a brow at you, humming anyways with a shrug of his shoulders as he turned away. Nonchalantly walking away from the approaching student council.