13. Hell week but it's training

With Miyagi qualifiers rapidly approaching coach Kojima had stacked the next couple of weeks with practice. Morning practice, and afternoon practice matches.

No more free Friday's, not even free weekends. Of course he did leave time for you to study and to rest so the team didn't completely burn out. Your extra practice after or before each practice didn't sit right with the coaches or any of your teammates but you were set on practicing your serves to be in top shape for qualifiers.

To think that last Friday you were sitting at your mahogany dinner table with your family. Now a week later, you were doing suicides across the gym after losing a set to the boys club.

You saw as Shirabu snickered at you as you slumped down onto the gym floor after finishing your set, acting as if he hadn't lost the past two sets. Shirabu didn't get a spot as starter, Washijou having chosen Semi as the starting setter this year.

Though you had been training all afternoon swapping out players here and there for possible combinations if unfortunate circumstances were to occur. You stood up to start the next set.

Shirabu had subbed in for Semi two sets ago along with Kaneko for your team. You've played a total of seven sets by now, you were subbed out half way through the third set then put back in at the beginning of the seventh set.

Having practiced with Kaneko multiple times before you two synced up quickly. Much to Shirabu's dismay. Mattsun had taught you a couple of blocking tricks last weekend when you met up with them on Sunday.

He said that it'd be best to try them out during practices. Practice matches would be best as you weren't as accustomed to them as your own teams attacks and strategies. So you had tried some of them out. The tips didn't always work since you did lack a bit of height for a middle blocker. So Mattsun also gave you a tip for that,

"No matter if you get to block it or not, intimidate them."

He had said as you both stood on one side of the net, Tooru, Hajime and Makki on the other.

"Intimidate them?"

You asked, he nodded turning towards the other three that had been listening in from the other side of the net.

"If a blocker isn't intimidating, they aren't worthy of calling themselves blockers." Mattsun said as he side eyed you, catching your confused face as you looked at the net.

"Have you ever met a blocker who intimidated you little bunny?"

Tooru asked after catching onto your confusion.

You brought you knuckle up to your chin as you tilted your head in thought.

You hummed.

"Mattsun-san is pretty intimidating." You nodded as you poked Mattsun's side causing him to lightly squirm.

"A blocker is intimidating when they basically tell you that if you try hitting towards where they're blocking that you'll be shut down."

Makki spoke up.

"They tell you that with a block?" You lifted a brow as you looked at Makki, causing him to let out a light chuckle.

"That's what they're implying with their block." Mattsun said as he leaned forward to catch your eye.

"So cool!" Your eyes lit up as you lightly jumped and clutched your fist, "I wanna try!"

You jumped up to block one of Kawanishi's quicks.

Don't spike here. Don't spike here.

Kawanishi's eyes slightly expanded after briefly making eye contact with you.