19. Next Time

The ceremony was boring, to say the least. You only managed to find enjoyment in the fact that you had a gold medal hanging around your neck. Mildly disappointed because it wasn't made of chocolate.

Tooru had rushed out with Iwaizumi near the beginning of it. Catching your attention before waving goodbye. The Shiratorizawa boys left soon after, having only waited until they had given you your medals before stepping out.
Tobio had in fact been the black blob of hair with a milk box you had spotted up on the stands. His grandfather had sent him over, you still had time until the match so you had decided to go pay grandpa Kageyama a visit.

"Kazuyo-san!" You giggled as you walked into the hospital room, Tobio close behind.
"Y/N-chan!"

-

"Then she went bam! and boom... then whoosh!"
"Tobio, your sound effects need some work."
You giggled as Tobio pouted at his grandpa, looking up at the clock.

"Ah- Jiji! The game already started." Tobio said as he started picking up his bag and nudging you to hurry up.

"Sorry for keeping you two so long." Kazuyo scratched his head as you put on your jacket.
"No worries Kazuyo-san." you smiled before bowing in goodbye.

"Goodbye Kazuyo-san! I'll come again soon!" you waved a final goodbye before speed walking down the hallways.

Kazuyo waved you off, smiling to himself as he saw Tobio follow after you.

____________________

You rushed into the lobby, Tobio hot on your tracks. You looked left and right, looking for directions to the Aoba Johsai cheering section.
"They're on the left, Y/N." Tobio said as he walked past you.

"Nice Tobio!" you grinned as you followed him, catching glints of maroon from your tracksuit. You briskly stopped as you looked down at your maroon and white tracksuit, cursing under your breath.

"Go on ahead Tobio! I'm gonna change real quick." you said before rushing to the restroom.

You changed into the blue jeans you had stuffed in your bag that morning before throwing on one of the hoodies you had stolen from Iwaizumi. You rinsed your hands before patting down a couple of hairs that had gone up from the jog.

You stepped out, continuing down the hallway Tobio had gone down.

"Oh, Seijoh."

You walked through the gym doors, immediately bombarded by all the cheering from spectators.

"Seijoh!"

"Oi! Y/N!" Tobio waved you over.
You quickly walked to the seat he was saving, setting down your bag. Skimming over the court before turning to look at the scoreboard.

"Who won the first set?"
It was currently mid second set, Shiratorizawa leading.

"Shiratorizawa."
You sighed as you slumped into your seat.

"Shiratorizawa!"

"We got here mid second set and they're losing. Nii-chan is not going to be happy about this." you slumped further down your seat, already hearing the ear full Tooru will be giving you later.

"I doubt he'd notice you weren't here. I mean he has scary concentration when playing, and there's so many people here too." Tobio said as he handed you with his yogurt, trying to cheer you up.

"You're right Tobio. I bet he didn't notice." you sat back up, opening the yogurt. Tobio nodded as he turned back to look at the court, sipping on his milk.