61. Strong

"It's easier if you kill the boss first then the minions."

You hummed, sipping on your juice as you looked at Kageyama rapidly click different buttons, desperately trying to kill the mob coming his way.

He did so eventually, ignoring your teasing over the amount of times he nearly died.

You snickered, taking a quick sip of your juice as you leaned back on the beanbag. "What school are you going to?" You asked, taking another sip of your juice as he flinched.

He paused the game, setting the controller down as he slowly turned around to look at you. You raised a brow, confused as to why he was acting that way as you continued drinking your juice.

"I'm going to Karasuno."

You hummed, slurping up the last of your drink as he fidgeted with the ends of his shirt, looking up again once you finished your drink.

"Karasuno high school... the ones you called the flightless crows."

Your breath hitched, rapidly looking back at him as you momentarily choked on your saliva. Kageyama stood up, passing you a water bottle from the coffee table as he slowly pat your back, biting the inside of his cheek as he waited for you to stand up again, afraid of your reaction.

You stood up straight, wiping away the fallen water as you looked at Kageyama, giving him a tight lipped smile as your eyebrows scrunched.

"The flightless crows? Tobio I thought you wanted to continue to play volleyball? What're you going to do in a team which can't even make it past the first or second round of preliminaries?" You sighed, moving back to the beanbags as he followed after you, looking at the floor with his head down. "Your skills are amazing, yes, but they'll go to waste on a school like that! Even if they have you, you still need some competent spikers to advance... I haven't seen them play a full game myself, but if they're anything like their girls team... I don't think there's much hope for you there Tobio." You said, looking up at him as he slowly nodded, still looking down at the floor.

"Tobio, I don't want to be mean or anything, but if it's because of money-"

"No!" He shot up, shaking his head as he cut you off. "It's not because of that."

You hummed, waiting for him to continue as he looked back down at the floor again. "They used to be one of the top teams in the prefecture..."

"Used to Tobio! They only went to nationals once and that was because of the little giant and their super crazy good coach-"

"He's coming back!" He cut you off, looking up at you again as you tilt your head in question. "I heard that coach Ukai is coming back." He said, this time not breaking eye contact as he looked straight into your eyes, determination, and excitement plaguing them.

You sighed, turning so that you were facing the TV instead of him as you laid back. "Whatever then. I can't change your mind now that you've decided." You muttered, covering your eyes with your arm as you heard him breathe out. "Is there anything I can do to help you though?" You asked, hearing him shift around as he hummed.

"No, it's okay, I just need to get a new bag-"

"I'll buy it." You hummed, cutting him off as you moved your arm to peek at him from one eye. "I'll buy you a new book bag and sports bag, I don't think they give-"

He cut you off as he let himself fall onto your stomach, making you huff as you grumbled about his weight, he repositioned himself in a way to let you breathe comfortably as he stayed on your stomach.

You cleared your throat, flicking the side of his head as he turned to glare up at you. "Like I was saying, I don't think they give you matching sports bags, so I'll buy you one too. Since you can't use your Kitaiichi bag at a new school." You hummed, setting your hand on his head as you slowly tapped your fingers, Kageyama letting you be as he relaxed on your stomach.