shocks ♪ sunset curve

oc x the band
427 words

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

a jolt struck the band once again, causing them to groan and put their hands to their chests.

but you had found yourself losing your balance as well. you had been surprised to feel something like lightning hit your chest, and your lungs had lost the ability to breathe for a second. you hit the floor with a gasp. your chest still burned from the impact as a rough cough came out of your mouth.

your eyes were squeezed shut, and you opened them to find lukes concerned ones. the boys had been speaking to you, but it had all sounded like static until now.

"-y/n, come on, are you alright!?" his voice was rushed, and you felt overwhelmed. your body still ached, your jaw fell open with no words and your head shook slightly out of disbelief.

"luke, i think she's fine-" alex tried, putting his hand on luke's shoulder. the boy thought you just needed space, but the others were too concerned to care.

"no alex, she's human, it could have a different effect on her-"

"im fine." you finally got enough air to speak, and all heads turned to face you.

reggie leaned over, grabbing your hands and helping you up. your knees were shaking and you quickly lost your balance, but he was able to catch you by the elbows and help you stand up right.

"why did she get shocked though?" reggie's voice shook slightly, "t-that doesnt make any-"

"its caleb." a voice came from the side, and luke rose up next to you, standing in between you and the culprit. it was willie.

"he's mad about you guys not taking his offer, and needed an upper hand. a threat." his eyes fell to meet yours, "you."

there was a moment of silence, and the breath hitched in your throat. you did everything you could not to let a sob out.

"what!?" alex spoke harshly, stepping toward willie, "that... no. just no." the boy was at a loss for words.

"that's impossible," reggie spoke from his stance next to you, "he should have no ability over humans."

"its caleb," willie let out a puff of air, "the same guy who can make his whole band appear and disappear, can flood a place just for a second," sorrow filled his face, "who knows what else he could do."

all heads turned to meet yours again as your eyes filled with tears. reggies grip on your wrists tightened, and luke eyes seemed to drop.

"what does this mean?"