𝟡 , a tell

imma start questions with each chapter!! please please comment and don't be shy, i want to know your opinion:)
how do you think luke and our oc met? vote down below!!
a) a dare
b) a music class / school band practice
c) luke became so determined that he just built up the courage to asked her out on his own
d) some meet cute, as in bumping into each other in the hallway, reaching for the same dvd in a radio shack, etc
e) other ; comment your idea :)

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

"ok, so any ideas?"

a day had passed, and you and the boys had somehow acted normal enough for luke and julie not to suspect a thing about your true feelings about this event.

after both alex and reggie saw your reaction to all of this yesterday, a quick wash with the garden hose was all it took to get rid of the evidence. well, physical evidence at least.

you were glad it was just the two boys that had known. julie and luke were the important ones. julie, because she was now hopeful upon the fact of getting to know more about her mum. and luke, because you didn't want him more worried about you than he already was. he had shown an inkling of wariness within your talk the other night at the end of the drive way, but you were confident in the fact that you had settled him down. now the wariness was left in you though, as you still pondered over the fact that you now knew something luke was keeping from you.

the fact that they had already gone to bobbies, hopeful for some answers of their own, and luke had kept it from you. but that was a minor problem on your plate right now, so you didn't think too much about it.

you got alex and reggie to agree not to tell luke of the hurling event and just get this horrid meeting with bobbie over and done with. you spent the rest of the day with the boys, though you didn't do much other than hang in the garage all day.

and last night was yet another sleepless one. you just couldn't sleep when your mind couldn't stop racing. it was a problem you had suffered from as a child, and being a ghost unfortunately didn't stop the trend. honestly, you were mentally and physically exhausted. you hadn't slept in days, and you were afraid you had begun to show it. you hoped luke wouldn't notice.

later, the gang sat in a small circle on the garage floor. julie had spoken, but everyone's eyes held blank stares.

"i mean how are we going to go about this?" you said, "just walk into his house and say hello?" julie snorted, but everyone else shook their head.

"no, obviously not that," luke said, sighing as he played with the loose threads on julies carpet, "we can't deal with him flipping out or..." he struggled for words, but just ended up muttering, "worse."

"yeah, it's not going to be a happy encounter." reggie sighed as well, shaking his head.

"i think our best shot is to do it at night, so there's less of a chance on something going wrong. no one else will be up, there's nowhere he can go, he'll have to listen to us." alex stated, and you nodded your head.

at least, outwardly you showed agreement. you still thought this whole thing was crazy, and you weren't even sure you were okay with any of this. as far as the teens knew, you were the only one that bobbie could see and hear, and you hated the fact of having to do this alone. the boys would be there, next to you, and hear everything you said, but it still seemed lonely. you swallowed the bit of bile that grew in your throat and prayed it would stay down.

alex noticed the gesture, and sent you a knowing look. one that asked if you were okay.

you only blinked and nodded your head microscopically. he seemed to get the hint.

"so when do we want to do this, tonight?" reggie said, putting his arms behind him on the floor to lean back on.

you had to force the bile back down your throat again.

"sounds great." luke said monotonously, shaking his head like he couldn't believe the situation he was in.

none of you could, to be honest.

"come on luke," you leaned over to him, hitting his thigh gently, "lighten up." you were almost talking to yourself.

"yeah," julie laughed slightly, "it's not like you have to do any talking. it's all gonna be her." julie wasnt aware of the potential affects of her words, but both reggie and alexs eyebrows raised. you forced a laugh though, hoping luke wouldn't catch the awkward moment.

"yeah, just me." you said forcing the laugh on longer.

luke side eyed you quickly, but looked down even quicker. he tucked his lips in his mouth, the same sign he had done the other night. he was hiding something again. and you guessed it had something due to the fact that this was exactly what he was trying to keep you from doing all these weeks. but something told you there was something else, too.

what could've happened at bobbies that made luke not want you to talk to him? or was he seriously only worried about if you would be okay?

you tried to ignore the countless feelings spiraling around your gut right now, and took a deep breath.

"tonight it is."

♥ ♫

you still sat on the ground, playing with the same loose strands as luke was hours ago.

you all were just waiting for sundown at this point, julie had gone to school and reggie had gone to hang with julies dad. apparently they were best friends now, according to reg.

and luke was somewhere. he just had walked off after the group discussion, and you figured to give him space this time. you needed time to think too.

alex had just walked back into the garage, and saw you sitting on the floor. he walked over to you, and sat down, mirroring your position on the floor.

you both took a long sigh, and he smiled over at you.

"are you feeling any better?"

"i guess."

he narrowed his eyes at you, "i can tell when you're lying."

you raised yours, "oh really?"

he blushed, "yeah, you-" he paused, looking down at his shoes, "you have a tell."

"a tell?" you giggled, "okay, tell me if i'm lying." he nodded to you, sitting up straighter as if to focus, "i'm not at all worried for tonight." you said it confidently, and his eyebrows rose up in shock, "not worried that i won't be able to do it, or that bobbie won't go clinically mad, or that luke will be ok, or that it'll only create more problems-" alexs hand on your knee stopped you.

"ok, i get it. your pants are practically on fire." you actually found yourself laughing at the comment, and he smiled back.

"whatever happens," his face turned serious, causing yours to as well, "luke, will be fine. i'm more worried about you. and so should you be."

you put your head in your hands, "but worrying about other people is easier." you groaned.

"well," alex slapped both his palms on his knees, "worrying about other people is my thing, so find another niche sweetie."

you both smiled at each other, and you took one of his hands, "thanks alex."

"anytime."

a moment passed, "and anyway, if there's anything i know for sure," he squeezed your hand, "it's that you are more than able to do this." he blushed again, "you're the strongest person i know."

you wished his words helped you feel better, but the weight in your stomach only worsened.