5 - happier

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

2 0 2 1

"BEST PART ABOUT BEING a ghost, go!" reggie chirped, his eyes getting excited with another one of his silly random questions.

the gang never needed a game or ice breaker to break tension, they just had reggie. he was always able to come up with some wacky would you rather question, or stupid dare for the boys to do, something.

"no college." luke grunted, "wasnt looking forward to being forced into that one."

"oh!" alex clapped his hands, "or getting sick."

"or periods!!" you cheered, but the boys just groaned, cringing or covering their ears.

"you're so lucky!" julie whacked your shoulder, and you stuck out your tongue in a bragging way.

"come on." alex whined, reggie gagged, "gross."

"no more buying you pounds of chocolate each month." luke whispered kindly and pecked you on the cheek, you sent a smile his way, "i secretly liked doing that stuff though."

"mhm," you hummed, "i knew it."

as the boys came up with more ideas, only one stuck in your brain. it sent shivers up your arms, and you felt an instant rot in your stomach.

"no more bobbie." you said it before you could stop it. you bit your lip, looking down as all other conversations ceased around you.

"huh?" luke leaned closer to you, barely catching your words.

"some days," you sighed, knowing you should probably tell the truth, "most days, i miss when bobbie and i were friends. it sucks you guys were gone, for sure," you put your palms up in surrender, "but, we also we're really tight. there was a time he was all i had."

there was a moment of silence.

"do you wanna talk about it?" luke had asked, and you looked at him warily.

"we've been trying this new thing," luke explained for the group, "she's trying to talk more about her..." he hesitated, "past."

"sounds like fun." alex sarcastically muttered, "but it's something we should all be doing."

you smiled as a memory popped up in your head, "there was this one night. the first night i felt..." you were almost afraid to say it in front of the boys, "ok. after you all had died."

"hey," luke leaned over to place his hand on top of yours, "don't be afraid to tell us about those moments. remember, we missed two years of your life." he smiled down at you, "i want to be filled in as much as possible."

the boy was always able to read your mind in supernatural ways, and you suddenly weren't as scared to share those moments anymore as the whole group smiled at you.

"it was the night of the crash, bobbie had driven me home, but i didn't want to stay there."

1 9 9 7

bobbie had driven you home, made sure you had eaten, and told you a thousand times he would drive slow and safe back home.

"remember," he would urge, "we will go get this piece of junk fixed tomorrow ok?" the words would make him laugh, which had always made you laugh as well, whether you wanted to or not.

you had gotten in bed (even though it was merely 4pm), pulling the covers over your head in a groan. you missed life when you weren't stressed out about losing people.