tshirt ♪ luke patterson

oc x luke
513 words

─── ・ 。゚☆ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ☆゚. ───

you roamed around your house, thankful to have a night off of stress, school work, your part time job, and just everything. right now you had your earbuds in, walking to your room with a full laundry basket in your hands. you were humming your favorite song as you pushed the door open with your foot.

as you turned around the corner of your room, a figure was leaning up against the wall, causing you to jump out of your skin.

"jeez... luke." you said, pulling your earbuds out and glaring at the boy now smirking at you.

"sorry, i should probably stop doing that." he laughed.

"mhm." you put the basket down on the floor and turned to face him again.

"i heard you humming and thought i should wait for you to come to me." he said it simply, and you nodded.

"why, whats up?" you asked. it was normal for luke to scare you on many occasions, but to want to talk alone was new.

"nothing." he shrugged, walking over to plop himself on your bed, "alex is with willie, reggie's hanging with julie's dad," he made a yikes face, "both seem like it would be extremely depressing for me to join, sooo, here i am." he smiled widely up at you, and you laughed.

"really? where's julie at these days?" you said it tauntingly, sitting on the floor below him. your words caused him to tilt his head at you.

"why do you say it like that?"

"i dont know," you shrugged as you began folding your clothes on the floor, "i always thought you two had a thing."

he looked at the floor, hesitating a bit, "n-no, no, i like someone else."

you nodded, placing the tshirts in a neat stack, "ah, i see." he smiled at you kindly, and you returned it.

"i was hoping we could hang." he said quickly, and you nodded again. he smiled, satisfied, and helped you fold your clothes.

you gave him one of your earbuds and you sang and danced to your favorite songs for hours. you had always adored luke, knowing full well you were lucky to call him a best friend of yours. you two always had fun with each other.

"i like this one!" luke said suddenly, looking down at a rolling stones band tshirt of yours. it was a soft yellow and the words were a deep pink. it had always been a bit big on you, but it was the softest tshirt you owned.

"its super soft," you said, eyeing luke's reaction to the piece of clothing and a smirk grew on your face, "its yours."

his eyes lit up and met yours, his smile grew with giddiness, "really!?"

you laughed, "yeah, of course. its too big for me anyway."

he smiled even more and folded it neatly beside him. he patted it gently twice, making you giggle.

the next day, rehearsing at julie's, he showed up wearing it. you smiled, happy to see it on him. and he sent a wink your way.