mad ♪ luke patterson

oc x luke
725 words

─── ・ 。゚☆ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ☆゚. ───

you sighed as you packed up the blanket and food you prepared for you and luke's romantic picnic. the sun had set ten minutes ago, and you were left with the glow of the streetlights and an empty park. another date, another stand up.

this was only the second time, and you weren't necessarily mad. i mean, he could be out with girls or doing stupid stuff, but you knew where he was. he was with the band. you weren't ecstatic about the situation, but you also understood.

you still wanted to pay him back.

you smirked as you heard his running footsteps behind you, knowing what you were going to do.

"babe, i-" he rushed, slowly down and catching his breath as he approached you, "i-i'm so sorry. i ran, like ran from julies. i didn't even poof..." his words slowed down, "dang it why didn't i poof!" he rambled on, emphasizing how sorry he was and how bad he felt, you didn't look at him for a single second.

"why aren't you talking?" he said, now even more out of breath. he hadn't stopped talking for probably two minutes now.

you viciously shoved the blanket deeper into your bag, forcing a big breath to faux aggravation, "you haven't really given me a chance now, have you?"

he grabbed your wrist, stopping you from moving and also forcing your eyes to meet his, but you held a glare.

"i'm giving you one now. talk to me." his eyes were so sad, so sorrowful. you saw how much he cared, you didn't need to hear the monologue he just spewed to know it.

"please." he pleaded, trying to bring you close for what you guessed to be a comforting hug, but you wiggled out of his grasp, "i dont know, luke, you just don't care anymore!" you flung his hand off of yours, and instantly saw the hurt in his eyes. you really tried not to laugh.

"hey, i do care!" he tried to catch your hand again, but you pulled it away. he placed it on your cheek instead, desperate for your attention, but you stepped back. you quickly turned around to let a smile out, you just couldn't hold it in anymore. but the boy had had enough, desperate to get something out of you, and he grabbed your shoulders with a strong grasp. he spun you around to face him. this was unexpected by you as you had not dropped the smile off your face just yet. you couldn't drop it quick enough, though, and bit your lip when he noticed.

his eyes crinkled in confusion, "what's going on?" he mumbled.

you couldn't do it anymore, and you bursted out laughing.

"what's going on?" he reemphasized, not a glimmer of humor in his eyes.

"i'm just joking, patterson." you said, pushing his shoulder slightly, "i'm not mad at you."

the boy forced a laugh, even though he didn't have one in him, "very funny."

you giggled and took his hands in yours, "i'm sorry."

he sighed, "no, i'm sorry. i really didn't mean to miss our date." he leaned into press his forehead against yours, "forgive me?"

you smiled up at him, nodding.

"can we still enjoy the food?" he asked, falling down to the ground dramatically.

"of course." you said, sitting down next to him.

you put the basket in between your crossed legs, leaning your head on his shoulder. you smiled at the moment you two shared, and he wrapped his arms around you.

a slight whirring made you hesitate, and water instantly soaked you. you gasped, two arms pulling you to your feet. you opened your eyes to see that the parks sprinklers had turned on, and the water was freezing as it slid down your back and face. he pulled your arm to run, but you stuck your heels. he turned toward you, his wet hair sticking to his forehead, giving you a puzzled look. you smiled widely, shaking your head. you pulled him close, his clothes just as wet as yours, and wrapped your arms around him.

"date ruined." he mumbled in your ear, making you laugh.

"no," you whispered, "this is the best one yet."