extra, drivers license

here are some extra imagines i had before this book became an oc story, & now i edited and polished them up for y'all to enjoy all over again :))
idea from hollywillow-
1807 words

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

"ready?" luke said, passing by you sitting on the couch. you looked up quickly and nodded.

you raised from the couch, walking over to the piano while luke grabbed his guitar. being able to be with luke again was amazing, and you both felt relieved that the constant need to find each other again had subsided.

now, any chance you got alone, you'd play and sing together in julie's garage. just the two of you, and just like old times.

after things had gotten rough the other day with julie, luke insisted that you spend more time with the talented girl. so you did, of course, because you truly believed that she was sweet. and also, to shut luke up about it.

but you two instantly clicked. julie told you all her stuff about her mom and how much music meant to her, and you told her everything about you and luke. your first kiss, your first date... when you knew. everything.

it was nice to have girl talk. living your whole life with just the guys never gave you an opportunity too, well alex tried many times but you always felt weird about that.

luke smiled over at you while you sat down and took out your own song book, the one he had gave to you. you met his gaze, "what?"

he shook his head slightly, looking down, "nothing, this is just so nice."

you both smiled fondly at each other, and began your session.

you sang mostly from his book. you learned the song that julie had wrote for flynn, 'flying solo', and jammed through 'bright', the song you co-wrote back in 1995. you and luke had a blast, teaching you the chords or seeing who could sing the lyrics louder.

luke asked for you to play ghost of you for him, but you shook your head, "that songs too sad... too sad for this happy moment." you smiled, trying to keep the tears in that came from that painful place. but he smiled back at you, and all the sorrow vanished. there was no need to be sad anymore, for you both had found each other.

when, at a time, you thought you'd never see him again.

but you shook your head again to shake the thought out of your mind, clearing your throat, "i think i'm gonna go to the bathroom, rest my voice." you chirped, pecking luke's cheek with your lips and skipping out of the garage.

he mumbled a quiet 'k', and watched as you left, a smile remained on his face.

he laughed to himself. being with you again was all he ever wanted, but he never thought it would end up being like this. it was amazing.

his eyes landed on your song book, and wondered what filled it in the few years you had spent apart. he reached over and grabbed it, his thumbs gliding over the butterfly and heart stickers that covered it, and the many ripped and crumbled pages inside.

he opened it up. the inside of the covers were filled with pictures of you and the band, but mostly just you and him. he smiled at his favorites, and continued to flip through. he passed bright, and ghost of you, and a few others you had wrote back in the day. the memories that came back to him from each song made him smile slightly. but also sad.

he had loved being with you now, but he desperately missed the way things used to be. he missed going out on dates, talking to his friends, going to school. and even the small things like being excited to get your drivers licenses together made his heart ache. he had time to get his before he died, and teaching you was one of his favorite things to do. but he had died before you officially got it. he frowned on the memories he had forgotten. he was just thankful nothing between you two had changed. everything else had, but you two had stuck.