blue for you ♪ reggie peters

oc x reggie
requested by shonafla 💗💗
hope you like it!!

─── ・ 。゚☆ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ☆゚. ───

you were a friend of julies, really.

nowhere close to flynn, or suddenly how close nick had gotten, just a friend. somehow, though, you were close enough to get in on the secret of her phantoms.

the ghosts.

you had asked julie to meet them one day while doing a lab experiment. you were partners, and over a boiling cup of green liquid, she had smirked over at you.

"yes, you can. but you have to understand something first."

you had laughed at the girl five minutes later, as you poured the bubbly liquid into a flask and watched as it changed blue, you wondered how ghosts could be real.

science, like the reaction happening right in front of you, was real. concrete evidence. ghosts, didn't hit that line of concrete that you depended on.

but, after school, you had driven you and julie over to her house, and she had shown you.

luke, alex, and reggie. the cute bassist that had caught your eye.

you had spent as much time with her and the band as you could, without seeming stalkerish. after school, right before gigs, you were always there to support them.

"we gotta finish this song for tonight." luke urged, gathering the group in the garage.

"ok, ok we're coming." julie stood up to walk over, turning to you stretched out on the sofa, "you want to stay and watch?"

your eyes perked up, "sure!" you jumped up and hoisted yourself on top of the piano, crossing your conversed feet.

it was on to lukes verse, and the gang was having trouble.

"we all make mistakes, but they're just stepping stones..." luke hummed softly, trying to finish the verse, but coming up short, "ugh! i cant finish this. i just- i want to say something about how mistakes are always going to come, but they make you stronger. there for the greater good, ya know?" he tapped his pencil on his temple as he thought.

"try singing it again." julie said, closing her eyes. you noticed, and tried to do the same.

"we all make mistakes, but they're just stepping stones..."

there was silence, and you thought. and then all of a sudden, you were speaking out of your control.

"to take us where we want to go, they're never straight, no." you slapped your hand over your mouth, you had even sang the melody with the words, and all the boys gawked at you.

"woah, that was good!" reggie exclaimed, and luke was scribbling words down, "yeah where'd that come from?"

you shrugged, blushing, "i have no idea. i literally couldn't control it."

you had shown up to their house party that night, and all the boys smiled at you as luke sang your verse. you met reggies eyes, and blushed.

"have you ever written or sang music before?" reggie asked later that night, walking you to your car.

"i did with my mum back in texas, i moved here when i was 10." reggie nodded, "she taught me the guitar and she sang well, loved country music. so i helped her write and sung a bit too. never any good though." you laughed and blushed.

"you were pretty great today." he said, grabbing both your hands and squeezing them. you smiled and thanked him, and he waved as you drove away.

so yeah, this was your life now. hanging out with julie and the guys, struggling through your math classes, and the like.

what you started to realize, though, is that you had begun to make up more lyrics in your head. naturally, words and rhymes would just come to you. you wrote some of them down, and a feeling inside of you just told you to keep going. in about an hour, you were looking at a full page of notes.

a full song.

a few months later.

reggie smiled as he walked down the streets of sunset boulevard. whether they'd admit it or not, all the boys felt some short of contentment walking down this street, even if it did remind them of their common failure.

but the bassist had come alone, desperate for some time away from it all. a coffee shop caught his eye down a block, and he slowly began walking to it.

faint music caught his ears, and he slowly swayed his head to the slow melodies. as he came closer and closer to the coffee shop, he realized that must be where it was coming from.

it almost had a southern, country twang to it, and he shook his head. he huffed at the memories of luke always turning down his country music, shaking his head. someone will give him a chance. maybe a solo career, he thought.

Blue
Oh, so lonesome for you
Why can't you be blue over me?

his feet stopped at the sound of the voice coming from the cafe. it was a sweet, strong voice, one that sent a smile on his face and a pep in his step. he hurried toward the door.

as the door opened, the sound of voices erupted from the cafe and the scent of coffee filled his nose. it was a comfortable environment, one that had always comforted reggie. he smiled and looked around the shoppe.

Blue
Oh, so lonesome for you
Tears fill my eyes
'Til I can't see

his eyes landed on you, but he didn't believe them. a few blinks told him it was true, and his jaw fell.

it was you. hair tied back in a ponytail, a new guitar resting in your lap, singing to the small crowd in front of you. a steaming cup of coffee sat next to you, and your fingers slowly strummed the strings.

you had gotten quite far, you see, with this musician thing. you had written many songs, realized you had a decent enough voice, and picked up the guitar for the first time since you were ten.

it seemed as if it had all quickly fallen into place, like it was meant to be. a few months in, and you had felt more like yourself than ever before.

you eyes lifted to meet his, and your heart seemed to stop. but your words didn't, and a deep breath helped you to keep going. suddenly, even with keeping his gaze, you weren't afraid.

Three o'clock in the morning
Here am I
Sitting here so lonely
So lonesome I could cry

he smiled over to you, still in complete shock.

so many things were spiraling through the boys head right now, like how beautiful you had sung, or how beautiful you had looked. how surprised he was, how enchanted he was just at the sound of your voice. how, he wanted to hear it for the rest of his life, and he'd do anything for it.

he knew it was no mistake you had talent back when you had finished that lyric for luke. everyone else seemed to dismiss it, but he always remembered. always knew it meant more than what it seemed. you had talent, for sure.

he quickly dug his songbook out of his book bag, opening up to his draft of home is where my horse is and started his way over to you.
so much for that solo career, he thought. he wanted to sing songs with you.