11 - too close

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

2 0 2 1

as the scene in front of you hit to close to memory, you lost your ability to breath. the tires squealing echoed in your mind again, and the feel of the car losing its grip on the ground haunted you from your insides, your stomach instantly turning to mush just like how they did that night as you watched yourself slide toward the tree.

luke grabbed your shoulders, watching as you fell into a coma like state, "hey, look at me." he tried to get your attention, "its fine. its ok."

but it was too late. you were too far gone. your breaths got faster, and you were able to speak a few last words.

"get me out of here." you had said, the panic straining your voice and scaring luke even more. he was desperate to obey your command, to make you better, and flashed you both out of the car, not even caring where.

the gang had learned two very important things that second night at bobbies, after flashing back in a panic when you had finally returned to the boys from the void that came from being able to speak with bobbie. 1. flashing back in a hurry caused you all to fall into a heap on the floor, due to no one being prepared for it, and 2. you didnt necessarily get to decide where you landed, because again, no one was prepared. the garage was either a lucky outcome, or alex was the one who had thought of it while grabbing everyones hands just moments before you all poofed out.

these lessons must have left luke the moment he felt desperate to help you, because where you guys poofed to was less than ideal.

you opened your eyes to a cloudy vision from the rain still pouring down all around you, and through a glossy sight you saw two headlights. heading straight toward you.

you were both in the middle of the road, in front of bobbies car.

just like the moment you became a ghost (reliving your death from the outside looking in)), this instant had hit too close to it.

you yelped, falling from lukes ground to the wet pavement, sobbing into the gravel. you desperately tried to catch your breath, squeezing your eyes tighter as to burn the memory from your mind. but the memory of your death seemed to bring back all the feelings that came with it.

luke had ducked due to reflex of the oncoming vehicle, but had not expected you to fall out of his arms, and he tumbled on top of you, pressing you into the ground.

he screamed your name, immediately helping you off of the ground and wiping away the gravel in your hair. the water on your face, whether it was rain or tears, he couldnt tell.

"what the heck just happened to you?" he'd scream, for the storm had gotten loud. you shared eye contact for a second, his hair sticking to his forehead like glue and the tips of his eyelashes held tiny water droplets, and you took the biggest breath you had taken in a while.

and you fell into his arms.

__

a while later, you both had sat down in grass, the tips prickling your bare skin.

you both, after the chaos, had found out where bobbie was heading so late at night.

to the boys graves.

you sat there, leaning onto luke, and read the three stones in front of you.

alex mercer

reggie peters

luke patterson

six feet below, laid their bodies, but theyre souls had stuck with you. it was still a wonder, the whole situation you had found yourself in, but you would force yourself to stop thinking about it. you already had a headache due to the events of tonight.

"everything had just been too close," you finished explaining the many memories that had just been relived moments ago, "the same road and weather of the crash, and the same experience of when i relived it as a new ghost," you put your face in your hands, watching as bobbie did the same, "it was all just too close."

"im sorry, i just wasnt thinking." luke inwardly blamed himself for the trauma you had experienced, "we shouldve just stayed in the car."

you held his hand, "you were just trying to help."

his eyes wandered to the side, "i wish i could help that scene too."

you met his gaze, and you saw bobbie breaking down in front of the graves. you watched as he placed bouquets of flowers in front of each, the flowers already bent and worn because of the rain, the stems more brown then green. he touched each one, tracing the names with two fingers and letting the tears slide freely down his face. it was pitch black, and the rain was roaring, but you could still hear and see his pain.

"watching this," you took a breath in, ready to say something that had become all too real in the moment, "makes me feel like im okay." lukes eyes perked up at that, "its just making me realize that i have people i can talk to. i have people willing to help me, and i shouldnt be taking that for granted." you shifted your eyes back to bobbie, staring through the pouring rain as he sat in the wet grass, soaking wet himself, "and i think im finally ready."

"ready for what?" lukes tone suggested the hair on his neck had risen just as yours had when you said,

"ready to tell you what actually happened the night i died."