panic attack ♪ reggie peters

oc x reggie
617 words

─── ・ 。゚☆ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ☆゚. ───

the orpheum, the crowd, the blasting music.

you had begun to hear the stage directer talking to you and the boys, about when you were on stage and the different cues to look for. you tried to focus, but the sound of your heartbeat rising and the pain in your chest became too much.

you squeezed your eyes shut, and put your fingers to your temples. you hadn't realized you released a groan, but someone caught your arms as you slightly fell backwards.

"are you alright?" the words were foggy and distant, and you tried to respond.

it all became too much, and before you could even take a breath to say something, anything, your legs gave out and you crashed into the floor beneath you. and you had stopped breathing.

you crumbled to the floor, almost collapsed, and the boys quickly fell into panic.

alexs arms, the ones already holding on you your own, tried to catch your body, but you fell out of his grasp too quick. reggie took fast steps toward the pair, and acted quickly.

the bassist had handled a lot of panic attacks in his days, and most of them he went through alone. from his parents fighting, to gigs with the band, and just daily stressors, he had become an expert on the subject.

and it took no expert to see that you were deep in a panic attack right now.

reggie pushed alex away from you, rather harshly, and picked you up from your armpits. he pulled your body over to a wall, setting your back against it, and pushed your shoulders and back flat against the concrete.

alex just stepped back quickly, finally realizing what was going on. luke dug his hands in his hair, and paced the room.

your back was pressed flat against the wall, like reggie had forced. opening you airways further, you were able to take deep breaths. shaky, weak, but deep breaths.

"it's going to be ok," reggie insisted, "i need you to breath right now. just breath. i'm here." he gathered your hand in his, and told you to squeeze it. you squeezed it with all of your might, and continued to breath.

you thought your lungs had begun to fail, the pain in your chest only getting worse. your face felt like it was on fire, but you tried to focus on squeezing reggies hand, like he had instructed. you tried to believe his words.

it's going to be okay.

slowly, you began to calm down. you began responding to the boys words, with slight nods and tears falling from your cheek.

"can you breath with me?" reggie asked, raising his shoulders dramatically so you could follow his lead. you did, never breaking eye contact with him, and reggie sighed.

"okay. you're okay." he said out of breath, finally relaxing his tense body that had been hovering over yours. he sat next to you, putting his forehead against your knee.

the group stayed quiet for the next few minutes, and waiting in agonizing silence.

"what was that!?" you finally said, able to catch your breath.

"that," reggie mumbled, lifting his head from your leg, "was a panic attack."

your eyes widened, "what?"

he only nodded, "i used to get them all the time. mostly when my parents fought." he looked down, face red, "feels kinda awful, doesnt it?"

"it felt like i was dying." you whispered, reggie nodding again.

he slowly helped you up, and quickly embraced you in a hug. you muttered a thank you, and the pair stood like that for a while. feeling safe and calm in each other's arms.