guitar lessons ♪ luke patterson

oc x luke
idea from hollywillow-
mwah love u sweetie
447 words

─── ・ 。゚☆ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ☆゚. ───

"and then like this..." luke muttered, strumming on his guitar with a pink pic between his fingertips. you watched his fingers, squinting in confusion.

you had been at this for hours. ever since you met the boys, you had always helped sunset curve write their songs, since it was a talent of yours, and julie had also begun to teach you piano. but guitar was... a different side of the music biz to you. you just couldnt seem to get it.

he stopped playing, and you rose your gaze to find him staring back at you.

"what?" you asked, wondering why he stopped, but he was giggling at you with his pic between his teeth.

"you just look so lost." he laughed harder, "it's cute."

"shut up." you slapped his shoulder, and he pretended like it hurt him, sticking out his bottom lip, "we've been at this for hours." you groaned, not seeing any improvement in your skills, "writing lyrics, easy," you sighed, and luke nodded, fully knowing the talent you shared, "piano with julie, i actually see myself getting better!" you laughed, "but this is just different."

you continued rehearsing, gripping your guitar a bit harder. luke always sounded better than you, but he never admitted it. he loved having any excuse to do something with you. though, he would never admit that either.

you groaned after the next failed song, shifting your guitar off your lap as you flung yourself backwards to lie flat on the floor. you did the motion quite quickly, your head hitting the floor with a loud thump.

luke giggled above you, sighing as he shifted his position on the floor to lie next to you, "this works too."

you moved your heads to look at each other, and smiled. you secretly liked time with him too.

"maybe," luke muttered, "you can just learn more piano, i'll stick to guitar," he said the words carefully, as if not to hurt your feelings, but you just laughed at the boy, "and we'll have ourselves a secret band."

you sighed, "and we can write songs until the sun comes up!" you both laughed at each other.

five minutes later, luke watched as you fell asleep. your eyes closed and your breathing slowed, the smile slowly drifting from your face. he kept his though. slowly standing up, he laid a blanket over you and moved the guitar away from your legs. he grabbed himself a pillow, flicked off the lights, and laid back down on the floor next to you.

"yeah," he whispered, "this is just as nice."