𝟚𝟚 , early risers

more of a random question today... but OH WELL
are you more of a...
a) beach person
b) mountain person
c) city person
d) country person
e) your own :)

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

birds chirping and sun in your face woke you up. you squinted, the light peeking just above the garage windows to hit your face perfectly.

your body ached, and your best guess was because of the events of the past few days. stress had always affected you physically, along with emotionally.

falling off the roof last night probably didn't help either.

you propped your head up to find yourself back in the garage, laying across the pull out sofa. you groaned, and slowly sat up.

"mornin'" a voice next to you said, and you jumped.

you looked over to see reggie, a steaming cup of tea in his hands. his smile faded.

"sorry, i didn't mean to startle you."

you shrugged, "nothing i'm not used to by now."

he gleamed and pushed the cup closer to you. you thanked him softly, and sipped on the hot liquid.

"boys still asleep?" you said, looking around to the crew around you. luke had laid beside you, limbs sprawled out like a spider. and alex had found a corner to curl up in, julie not looking to comfortable leaning in her piano but was definitely passed out as well.

"yep, just you and me." reggie whispered, "we've always been the early risers." you smiled at each other.

it was true. you and reggie had almost the same sleep schedule. slightly falling asleep on the couch by eight, and up by seven. you wondered what drew you to the lead singer if you were so similar to the bassist.

but as you looked over at luke, and saw his messy hair complimenting the line of drool down his cheek, you were able to see why again. you giggled.

"how about we hit the beach." reggie asked, and you happily followed.

the sand instantly made its way between your toes, and the hotter sun hit you, and you smiled. the beach was always your happy place, yet another thing you shared with the bassist.

"so you're really okay?" he looked over at you as you started your stroll down the beach and along the water, "i mean, we were all pretty upset last night..."

you nodded, "now that i got some sleep and can think clearly," you cleared your throat, "yeah, i'm okay."

reggie nodded satisfied.

"i just can't believe luke," you muttered, "i mean he was acting, like, really weird? right?"

"he was, but," reggies tone turned serious, "i've never seen him like that before."

"like what? so desperate for answers like that?"

"no, when you left us."

you stopped walking, almost forgetting about the moment.

"that's right. i seriously just disappeared?" you still couldnt believe the fact.

"you flickered for a second," reggie tried to explain, "luke said your name a couple times, but then you had this look in your eyes like you had just seen a ghost-" he hesitated, and you both took a moment to chuckle softly.

"no seriously though," he said, his face going back to a serious one, "it was scary. like really scary. it was almost like," he looked down at the sand, "you were dying all over again."

you sighed. you had felt so bad for putting the boys in that state. you just didn't understand any of this.

where did you go? and why did you leave?

"i've never seen luke flip out like that. he was, he was just a mess." he concluded, running his palms on his pants, "i mean, we all were. it had seemed like you were gone for good."

you both took a loud, deep, sigh.

"this is too insane." you said, pressing your palm to your forehead.

"let's not talk about it anymore," reggie said, slinging his arm around you, "let's just walk and enjoy the sunshine."

you happily agreed, leaning your head on his shoulder and walked down the sand to an unknown destination.