extra, "we're playing the orpheum"

how they found out...

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

"are you seeing the boys later tonight?" you muttered as you forced your key into your front door. luke patted his legs to a beat in his own head behind you, waiting to enter your house.

"we didn't make any plans to hang, so i'm all yours."

luke had only been to your house twice before, the first time was to meet your parents. the night went so smoothly, luke was a complete gentlemen and your parents adored him from the first minute he was with them. you didn't need it, but you were glad to have their blessing to date the sweet band boy. the second time, the whole band came over for one of your family's famous game nights. that night was amazing too, though bobbie tapped a little too much into his competitive side and reggie was a bit of a sore loser.

today, your parents weren't home so you figured a movie night was exactly what you and luke needed to start the summer.

the sun was just setting, a pink fog seeming to hide behind the trees. the lock clicked, and you both stepped inside.

"so, what are we watching?" luke asked as he walked to the pantry, grabbing the basket of candy you always had and walking over to pop some popcorn.

"i was thinking mrs doubtfire?" you were still taking off your jacket and putting your keys on the small table next to the door, and you smiled. you loved how comfortable luke was in your house already, how he knew where everything was.

you both made your way to the couch, your head quickly going to rest on lukes shoulder as he started the movie. you loved mrs doubtfire, to your family, it was a classic.

the phone ringing startled the both of you, and you quickly jumped up to look at it. the clock read 11:30 pm. you realized how dark your house had gotten due to the time, and an eeriness settled into the room.

"who would be calling at this time of night?" you asked out loud, looking at luke. you hated how your voice shook with fear and goosebumps rolled up your arms. for some reason, a bad feeling settled in your gut.

you've only gotten a few midnight calls that you can remember, and none have been good.

"hey, it's ok," luke rubbed your arms, "it's fine, i'll go get it." he moved to the kitchen to answer it, flicking the light on and taking the phone off of the wall, holding the cord in between his fingers.

"hello?"

first, shock filled his face, and a hint of a smile, as if an old friend had called. but then his lips fell, not exactly fear or anything bad. but, not good either.

"ok, ok," he rushed, "we're on our way." he put the phone back in it's holder, and looked at you.

"we need to go to the studio."

♥ ♫

a drive and a fast walk up the driveway later, luke was pulling you into the bands studio.

luke convinced you on the ride over here that he didn't know a thing, just that bobbie had called and they needed to meet there as soon as they could.

reggie pulled up right as you did, jumping out of his car and slamming the door.

"do you know anything?" reggie asked, looking at you because luke was already in the garage. you just shook your head, and grabbed his hand to pull him inside.

you turned around the door frame to see two stressed boys. alex, with his head in his hands, hair disheveled in between his fingers, and bobbie, still gripping the phone in his hand. both stared at the floor.

"ok," you laughed, but not because you found anything funny. you automatically paced the room, the small fear from before was now boiling over, and you weren't afraid to show it anymore, "you rudely interrupted robin william's talent to be a woman, so..." you sat down, facing the boys, "what's up?" you huffed.

"i was just sleeping, but anyway..." reggie rubbed his eyes, flicking his hand as if to urge the news out of them quicker.

the two boys didn't speak at first. bobbies eyes bounced between all three of you, and alex kept his head down. but bobbie caught your eyes, and somehow finally got the courage to speak.

"a woman named Alexis Waldorf just called," bobbie said between breaths, "she's from the orpheum."

it seemed as if everyone took a breath at the same time.

"the what now?" reggie asked quickly.

bobbie finally let a smirk spread across his face, "we're playing." he laughed, "we're playing the orpheum."

there was silence.

then, there wasnt.

luke hollered, and reggie gasped. you just stood up, holding your hands to your mouth.

"we did it buddy." luke embraced bobbie roughly, "we're in!"

you jumped, laughing out of shock and clapping as the band celebrated together with a group hug. you watched from the outside, but we're okay with it. this was all they ever wanted, and you were beyond happy for them.

alex wiped a tear from his face as he came apart from the celebration, bobbie was still yelling about, and luke ran over to you. he picked you up, spun you around, and let you down to the ground to kiss you.

they did it.

your boys were playing the orpheum.