𝟚𝟝 , my forty year old friend

this book is almost done and i'm sad: (
which fact are you most excited to see bobbie react to (in the actual tv show) ?
a) the fact that his highschool best friends are now ghosts.
b) the fact that the women he was flirting with is his daughters ex-best-friends mother. who, better yet, is now dead.
c) his daughters ex boyfriend is now possessed.
d) his ghost best friends know that he stole their music and are now coming for him.
e) your own answer!!

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

"hello," you sadly smiled at the man still asleep in his bed. you couldn't believe you were back here, "again."

you had dragged julie out of her house, quietly sneaking past the boys in the garage, and told julie to meet you at bobbies. there was no way for her to get in, and you would probably just disappear again when you spoke to him anyway, so you instructed her to stay outside.

"are you sure this is a good idea?" you remembered her asking, tugging on your arm as you walked up to his doorstep, "i mean let's think about this for a second."

you stopped walking, "you know, for once in my life i'd like to stop thinking. for once i want to be spontaneous, and brave, and get the answers i want. i'd do anything for that." you turned toward the door, "so i guess that means talking to my forty year old friend again."

"i dont understand." julie shook her head in confusion, "this was your song? not the boys?"

you nodded, "i wrote that song after they died, it was for luke. about luke." you looked toward the front door, "bobbie has stolen something from me too. and now i need to know why."

"but what about luke?" julie asked, "he's not going to be happy about this."

you thought about him. about his sketchy behavior, and all his secrets. he wasn't one to preach about good decisions lately either. and he had told you to stop thinking, to stop caring about other people more than yourself. well, this was it, you had stopped thinking about it. you couldn't think of something more about yourself then finding out the answer to why bobbie had produced that song.

your song.

"i don't want to think about him right now either." you huffed, "this is for me, and you." you grabbed the girls wrist, "if you let me do this and not tell anybody, i will get you answers about your mum."

a determined look came over julies, and she looked over her shoulder, nodding quickly, "be quick."

you nodded once, and you poofed through the front door.

you tried not to think too much about this, knowing you'd convince yourself to turn around. to stop. that lukes words would make you go back home to the safety of the boys and music. but, for once, you wanted answers. full answers. and, finally, you had become one of the ones who deserved them.

his eyes opened again, but they didn't fill with panic like last time.

"you again." he frowned, sitting up in his bed.
"is this going to be a regular thing now?" it seemed like he had a hard time looking at you, but you didn't blame him. not like you were a friend from his teenage years now sitting on the edge of his bed.

"i have more questions," you sat up straighter, "you woke up half way through our last conversation." you tried to keep your voice steady, but this was still weird for you too.