new ♪ reggie peters

idea from -CUTEGHOSTS
oc x reggie peters
1495 words

─── ・ 。゚☆ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ☆゚. ───

you were new to town, reason being your mum had fallen in love with ray molina. you had met julie on a few occasions, knowing full well of her sad past with the loss of her own mom.

knowing this past, you also knew the price of your parents falling in love. julie didn't necessarily... adore you, as a person.

you knew, deep down, that she didn't hate you. the loss that was her mum was still a fresh wound, and most of the time you could see julie putting in an effort to be nice to you. but with you came your dad, which brought change to her life. change she wasn't ready for.

a month into the school year, you and your mum had moved right next to the molina family. your parents had spent almost every night at one of thier houses, and you found contentment studying in your room.

that contentment was soon to be ruined, though. and the reason being one that would change your life forever.

♫ ♥

you groaned and you let your forehead fall down on the pages of your chemistry textbook.

the music that constantly came from your next door neighbor, julie molina's, garage could only be described as loud, head banging, rock and roll, nonsense. and it did not go to the beat of the chemistry vocab that was spinning around in your head.

it had been weeks of, at exactly 7:00 in the evening, the garage bursting with bright lights and loud sounds. you looked out your window, wondering how one girl could make so much noise. you came upon a simple conclusion, she could not.

you pushed yourself off of your chair, deciding tonight was it. enough was enough. who else was in that garage? and why did they feel the need to play their bass at amp volume 10.

you grabbed your coat and hat from your new houses entryway, and walked outside.

the lights only got brighter as you walked next door to the molinas. you had been here only once. the day you moved next door to your mothers lover, they had invited you both over for dinner after an endless day of unpacking. you smiled as you remembered julie showing you her room, and even letting you spend the night while your mum painted your new house. you had been extremely grateful for this act, finally feeling like maybe you and julie could be good friends.

the only thing standing in the way of this goal was that you and julie simply had nothing in common. no likes, dislikes, people, or events had popped up to join you two together as friends. you hoped something would happen soon, and clung to the words of your mother.

things that are worth waiting for always take time.

you walked up to the white garage doors just as the music stopped, and lifted yourself up on your tippy toes to rise your sight over the windows. inside, you saw couches, a grand piano, a few boys-

boys!?

your eyes rose in shock. julie had boys over?

each boy was holding, or sitting with, a different instrument, all talking and laughing with each other. you tightened your lips, intrigued to find out more.