12 - THAT NIGHT , her

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

1 9 9 7

you sighed as you plopped yourself on your bed, smiling as you turned your head to face the picture frame on your nightstand. of you and luke, you smiled as you stroked it.

it was another day, another day had passed where you hadn't cried over your loss. you still thought of them, of course, but the grief had slightly lifted.

you smiled, and placed the frame back in its place.

the phone right next to it rang, and you stretched your torso farther to pick it up.

"hey." it was bobbie.

"hi bobbie." you smiled, happy to hear his voice, "what's up?" you titled your head so it held the phone in place against your shoulder, and you grabbed the frame again, holding it in your hands, placed on your lap. it always had calmed you that way.

"i was just thinking..." his deep voice came through the phone, "do you remember that night we all hung out at that pizza place?" you heard his chuckle, "luke and alex wanted to try anchovies, and they both ended up throwing up. and we all made fun of your pineapple pizza." you laughed now, remembering how gross the fish topping really was.

"yeah," you muttered, sighing.

he sighed as well, "i drove by that place today," you smiled, loving how whenever either of you got a memory you just had to share it with the other, "i miss them. a lot." he hummed, and your smile dropped as you nodded.

"me too, bobbie."

it was then it hit you, you remembered. luke had driven you home that night. you had stayed for hours at the pizza place, even post vomit, just talking for hours with the band. it was close to midnight, and you all had called it quits.

"i'll drive you home"
his sweet voice echoed in your head, and you shuttered.

"hello?" bobbies voice pulled you out of your daze, and you cleared your throat, shaking your head slightly.

"you ok?" bobbie said it like he already knew what just happened, because it had happen many times, both on the phone and right in front of him.

"n-no, i'm fine, i think i'm just tired." you tried to sound convincing, but bobbies tone proved you wrong.

"alright, just get some sleep, ok?"

you sighed, closing your eyes and letting a few quiet seconds go by, "do you want to come over?"

after you had hung up the phone, you had exactly 20 minutes to yourself before bobbie came over to spend the night. that was plenty of time.

you closed your eyes, knowing you had to finish the flashback for you to feel better.
_______________________________

1 9 9 4

luke had driven the girl home, and it began to pour, so much they had to pull over.

his head rested back against his seat as he put the car in park, "sorry you're not going to make it home." the girl smiled, knowing her parents wouldn't care, and neither did she.