nightmare pt 2 ♪ luke patterson

oc x luke
715 words

─── ・ 。゚☆ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ☆゚. ───

the teens slowly walked next to each other, each one with their hands in their jacket pockets.

you looked down at your vans, almost matching the colors of your boyfriends. luke looked down as well, but his expression held a stare of deep-thinking.

"hey," you said, nudging the boy with your shoulder, "whats on your mind?" you cracked a smile, the jitters from your dream finally starting to leave your body.

"oh, um, i don't know." luke said, putting his hands up as if to say it was obvious what was on his mind. you cracked another smile, and looked back down at the ground, having nothing to say.

"we never did talk about it." he said after a minute of silence.

"the dream?" you muttered, scared that luke had caught onto you not sharing everything with him.

"no," he said quietly, kicking a rock out of his path, "just everything going on." he said sheepishly, "we haven't really talked about how you're feeling. and don't tell me you're fine, because we both know these dreams aren't little things."

the streets of cali were actually quite bright for past midnight, adding an eerie vibe to the scene. but with each other, the teens always felt safe.

you took a deep breath, "i dont really know." you shook her head slightly, "it's just been a whole lot at once. i don't want to spend time thinking about it if it's just the way things are," you looked quickly at luke, "if nothings going to change anyway."

luke nodding along to his words. he had wanted to talk to you about all of this. dying, and then coming back to live, and everything with julie and caleb, it had all gotten a lot. and if there was one thing you had in common with your friend alex, it was his anxiety.

"i just don't want you to feel like you have to stay quiet all the time, and keep your feelings from me." luke paused, "not like me being your boyfriend means you have to tell me everything, you don't." he said sternly, "but... you aren't the best at hiding them, either." he made a face, and you chuckled, shoving your hands in the pockets of your sweatpants.

"yeah, i know." your tone turned serious, "and i'm sorry."

"i know." luke smiled gently at his girl, and she melted at his words

"just know i'm here for you, ok?"

you nodded.

"and as long as you're ok, i'm ok."

"i'm ok, patterson." you laughed.

"on the note of being more honest with you, i guess i do need to share something." your words made luke instantly nervous. he stopped and took both of your hands in his, stopping your walk. he looked your in the eyes, and tried to settle his heartbeat down.

"what is it?"

you inhaled a huge breath, not planning on telling luke this part so soon, but the moment just felt right, "you were in my dream, as well luke." you let it out. you waited and watched for a reaction.

"you mean, while getting tortured by caleb?" luke cocked his head, looking down at you.

you shook your head, "no... after." you explained to the boy what you meant, and the haunting thing you saw in the second dream.

he took a shaky breath, and squeezed your hands tighter, "i'm sorry."

you shook your head, "it's not your fault. i know it wasn't you." you smiled up at him.

he smiled back, wishing he could grab the dream from your memory and shatter it away. he instead took your hand, and began walking again.

you knew the dreams were a sign. a sign that maybe dream-luke was right. you had definitely felt like if these dreams continued to haunt you every night, you would die. and maybe by 'nightmares', he didn't even mean while you were asleep. that caleb, still watching you guys from a far, would never stop until you were all dead.

you wondered if luke was thinking the same thing as well. you bit your bottom lip, and leaned up again his shoulder as you both hit the end of the street.

for now, it seemed like problems for another day.