𝟚𝟘 , unsettling feelings

i think i finished this book the other night, and i may or may not have cried. but anyway ok so the song chapter will actually be a little later than expected, but...
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME ANSWERS?
a) heck yes
b) no, sketchy luke is my favorite kind of luke

lukes pov, the first trip to bobbies ;
without you.

luke had just walked through the door, alex and reggie on his heels, and an unsettling feeling hit his chest.

this could've been for a couple of reasons.

one, being that he was in one of his only living acquaintances house, who was now in his forties. he looked around to find the house filled with music records, awards, professional photos, and magazine covers.

with bobbies face, but not his name. luke shook his head, not even believing the news julie had told them prior to this visit.

another reason could be that, well, you weren't with him. ever since he had found you again, he hadn't left your side. rehearsing with julie back at the garage, you had said you wanted to go to the beach, and he let you. so you weren't there when they had found out about bobbie, and how he changed his name and stole their songs. so you also weren't there when they decided to go and find out more, and he didn't want to go get you to come with them.

but he had his own reasons for that.

he rushed the boys up the stairs after seeing bobbie, or trevor, for the first time. the boys ran up the stairs to follow him into his room, calming music playing through the stereo.

alex had the bright idea of turning on one of the songs that bobbie had took from them and produced on his stereo, so him and reggie got onto trying to figure out the technology for that.

"ugh, his phone needs a password." he heard reggie mumble. they had learned a few tricks of the trade of iphones from julie, but nowhere close to enough to use one correctly.

"try 1234." alex whispered, but reggie only scoffed.

"who has that as a password?"

"everyone. literally ever." alex huffed, "just try it."

"no, i'm not trying that."

"then what do you think it is?"

"hmm, maybe traitor?" reggie suggested.

alex scoffed sarcastically, "yeah, maybe try idiot." alex had tried to insult the boy, but reggie began typing in the letters.

the phone popped up with an error, locking the phone for five minutes. alex hit the boys shoulder, "bro, i wasn't serious." he harshly whispered.

luke kept the boys bickering voices in range, but backed away slowly. he looked around the mans room.

the man who, no matter how much he hated the thought, had spent two years alone with his girl on earth. just the two of them.

luke couldn't figure out how he felt about this, so he just looked for answers on what happened during those years instead.

he couldnt help but noticed as they walked through the house before, that most of the pictures were of you. some with the boys were hung sporadically, but yours had the biggest frames. on the biggest walls. with the biggest smiles.

"reggie, i swear, if you get us locked out of his phone again." alex whisper-screamed, and luke held back a chuckle, looking over his shoulder to check on them.

he slightly pulled out the drawers of the desk, wincing at the slight creek it had made. pens, his songbook, sunglasses. the next one held more books. luke began to wonder what he wanted to find, but something made him open up the bottom one the slowest. his heart rate jumped, and he peeked inside.

as he looked at the contents within the drawer, the boys heart sank. a piece of paper laid on the bottom, and a small picture on top of it. it was of you and bobbie, couldn't of been more than a year after they died. your head was on his shoulder, and his eyes looked down at you. you smiled at each other. luke looked away.

his eyes landed on the paper underneath it, giving him the ability to catch a couple words. the words were strung with music notes and melodies, making the boys eyebrows curl.

it was a song.

"luke," alex had urged, "hes running down the hall, let's go get him."

luke forced a smile, turning around and running after the pair, who was running after the man. they must've done something to him, because he was picking up speed toward the bathroom.

when no one was looking though, luke had replayed the words he had caught from the paper, the words that only worsened the  unsettling feeling that had started the moment the boy walked in this house.

how they stayed up for hours with each other, and she clung to his body like she wanted it forever.

what did that mean?