𝟟 , headaches & hesitations

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

"wait wait wait slow down." you urged as you held your head. the headache you had begun to get now hours ago showed no signs of getting any better.

"so you're telling me we knew julies mother?" apparently julie had found a sunset curve shirt in her mother's closet, and it sent the trio spiraling.

"think about it," reggies eyes lit up as he talked, "that woman that was cleaning tables right before we left to get dogs, she looked exactly-"

"like julie." you interrupted, nodding along to the boys words, "wait, what does this have to do with bobbie?" you asked, remembering how this topic even came up.

"well, bobbie seemed to really like her, and we predict he might know more about her than we do, if they stayed in contact or anything." alex shrugged.

"this is crazy." luke managed to say, his face getting more pale by the second. you had never seen him so anxious like this before.

even alex was pretty calm right now.

"i'll say," reggies voice turned into a low mumble, "at least you weren't the one hitting on her."

alex sent a harsh hand to the boys chest, who huffed, "it's true."

"not the time man." alex mumbled softly, side eyeing julie.

you tilted your head as you thought, "actually it was bobbie who was the worst."

"STOP!" julie screeched, scaring the ghost teens, "i don't want to know that not just you boys, but my ex best friends dad was flirting with my mother." she yelled, and you winced.

"yeah, i guess i didn't look at it like that."

you all took a deep breath and sighed, and luke began to rock in his position on the floor, "i think i'm gonna hurl."

"let's hold on a minute here," you said, putting a hand on lukes shoulder comfortingly as you looked at the rest of the group, "we don't even know that he heard us. what's the big deal about it anyway? why should we get all amped up about it?"

reggies mouth opened quickly, and you guessed it was because of an amp pun, so you pointed a finger at the boy, "don't even try." he frowned and relaxed his sitting position on the floor next to you.

"because," alex groaned, leaning his head back, "if you were right about all that linked stuff, like us and julie, you could talk to him." he looked sternly towards you, "we could get answers."

"to what?!" you said, scrunching your eyebrows together.

"to why he stole our music, or what happened with julies mother." alex stated.

"and what makes you think it's just me? wouldnt he be able to see all of you too?" your head hurt more, "i mean, i can see julie!" it was the boys that were linked to her, but somehow you were able to see the talented singer too.

"you were closest to him," reg said, "i guess we don't know for sure but it would make the most sense." he shrugged, "and you died with him, and we died right after julies mom..."

you sighed, "to be perfectly honest, he did stare right at me when i spoke, luke didn't seem to faze him at all."

"it has to be you." julie stated, nodding.

"mhm, yep. nope. i'm out." luke said abruptly, jumping of the floor and running out the door.

you huffed, side eyeing the boys.

"just... gimme a minute."

you ran after the boy, who stopped running at the end of the driveway.

"luke, stop." you huffed, even though he had stopped running away from you, "let's just talk. just you and me." you shifted your weight to your other foot, "why don't you tell me what's really going on."

it took him a second for him to speak, "i just, i cant do it."

"do what? talk to bobbie?"

"yes." he whined, and he gave you a certain look, "and after tonight, do you really think you can too?" you tried to shrug off his words, but something about his reaction said you didn't hide your true feelings well.

honestly, you hadn't even thought about yourself once yet. yes, it was hard enough just watching bobbie tonight, but you had also been watching bobbie for the past year.

and yes, actually talking with the guy put a massive bolder in your stomach, but you weren't going to tell that to the boys, let alone julie, who was now more hopeful than ever.

"i'll be fine luke. we need answers."

luke side eyed you with a harsh stare, "yeah, it just sucks that they can only be from him." he scoffed, shaking his head.

"what do you want us to do?" you tilted your head, "be ghosts forever? stay and play songs with julie forever and never confront our past?that's not realistic luke!!"

he took a deep sigh, one that made his nostrils flare, a warning that told you he was getting angry, but you continued.

"we deserve answers to why he took everything from us, even if we were dead." you took a breath. "being afraid of our past will never get us to our future. and besides, julie needs us to be supportive right now. she wants to know more about her mums life. if you had the chance, you'd do the same thing."

you had felt as if your words had more sting in them than you wanted, and tried not to cringe. but it was just the truth. the look in the boys eyes showed you may had gone too far.

"look. i'm not trying to be a jerk," you said calmer, walking toward him and holding his hands, "but it's not going to hurt anyone."

a long moment of silence sat between you two, and you looked in his eyes.

in them sat a certain look. one you've seen before. his lips tucked inward as he looked back at you, a sign you knew well. he was hiding something.

"what is it luke?" you asked, and he seemed to hide his latest expression with a shake of the head. "you can tell me." you said quietly, squeezing his hands.

for a second, it looked like he was going to. but he just gently shook your hands that were still in his and said "but is it going to hurt you?"

his sweet words in response to your statement a second ago made you melt, but you knew that wasn't all that was bothering him.

maybe you just didn't want to face the reality of the unfortunate answer. that it might.

so you just forced a smile.

"ill be fine, luke."