extra, how they met

this one might be long.. oops. BUT its one i promised to yall and have yet failed to deliver soooooo here we go. i missed writing for my favorite pair soooo much, so this was really fun. also a part two is coming.
xxoo
5/30/21
♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

"ok, luke," the teen boys all sat at their usual circle table in the back corner of the cafeteria for lunch on a rainy october afternoon, "ready for todays the next person?" reggies word made luke tilt his head back and groan, while alex rubbed his palms together.

"yes."

"no."

"dont be such a debby downer luke." alex slapped his shoulder, "besides, we havent done this in a while."

the next person was a game the trio had made up to pass time, mostly during lunch period. one of the boys would come up with something stupid or funny or embarrassing or awkward for another boy to do to the next person, that would arrive wherever they happen to be.

"and dont forget," reggie pointed a loaded finger toward luke, "this is the game that brought me into your life." it was true, alex had dared luke to serenade the next person that walked into their chemistry class with a love song, and the boy with raven hair and a black leather jacket had just strolled in, text book in hand.

"how could i forget."

"okay, so..." reggie paused, choosing to ignore luke's sarcastic comment, and thought about what he wanted his best friend to do to the next unlucky, and innocent, victim of this cruel game.

"the next person to walk through those doors, you have to trip."

lukes eyes squinted, "how on earth do you expect me to do that?"

reggie shrugged, "i dunno."

alex's eyebrows raised toward the cafe door's, "well... this just got interesting."

all heads turned toward the door, as a beautiful girl walked through them. she was tall, her brown hair falling perfectly along her chest, and she smiled and waved quickly to her friends sitting across the cafe.

safe to say, she was way out of all the boys leagues. combined.

"no. no way." luke almost whined, "i cant trip her. she's gorgeous, that'd be like... a crime."

"a dare's a dare." alex said, shrugging and clapping his hands on lukes shoulders, who just sighed. its not the worst thing in the world (he thought this as he remembered when he had to accidentally spill milk onto a teachers blouse) but it was pretty close.

"alright, alright." luke put his hands up in surrender, "wish me luck, and my dignity sparing." the boys laughed and whooped as he got up. he coughed casually as he strolled over to the girl, who was still walking over to her friend group.

his heart pounded as he got closer and closer, noticing more about her as she came more into view. how her lips curled perfectly as she smiled, or how straight and white her teeth were, and how her height perfectly matched his, and -

turns out, luke didnt even need to think of a way to smoothly purposely trip the girl because he had been so distracted by her that he actually smashed right into her. their legs got tangled in a way that only seemed to happen in the movies, and they both went falling toward the ground.

awkwardly, luke ended up on top of her.

"i-i-i" luke tried his best to get up, but struggled. many tables around them were laughing, and he could hear alex's laugh from across the cafe.

"i am so sorry." was all he managed to say as he helped her up, his face blushed.

"a little iffy on the landing, i'd give it a 7.9." she wittly added as she brushed off her jeans, even though there was nothing on them, "i suppose your trying to make me fall for you, luke patterson."