{𝕭𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝕭𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖘}

I try to hold back my tears as I race through the woods, following after the grunts and groans of Jace, the tinkling of the chains.

The math had been simple - Jace had no weapon, a stronger opponent and a legion of chains blocking off his airways and Alec...had his bow, some arrows, a sword and a few Forsaken.

Though the mental math had been easy, the mental aguish had been hard to cope but I'd learned a lot in my last few months as a Shadowhunter, of training and learning and having all these memories stored inside me.

I couldn't let my allegiance to any one person stunt me - I'd learnt that lesson early on with my mundani curse but it didn't make the choice to leave Alec behind any easier.

I could only hope and pray to the Angel that he was and would be okay.

The sound of metal on metal spurs me further and I push myself faster, pulling out my stele to trace the heightened speed rune onto my left shoulder, glowing a bright gold before settling black.

I zoom through the forest, the trees blurring beside me. Thinking of my soundless rune, it activates, the gold light shining subtly through the cloth covering my right forearm.

Suddenly, an arm shoots out before me, knocking me in the throat and to the ground. I gasp at the lack of air, clawing the oxygen back into my lungs, only just managing to roll out of the way as a forsaken strikes a blow to my head.

The blow hits the ground, spraying dirt as I leap to my feet, my blade too far to reach, having been knocked from my hand at impact. I keep my eye on it but turn to the side so the Forsaken focuses on me.

"Come and get it" I smile, blood trickling down the corner of my lip.

He roars, charging for me but he doesn't get far before I duck his blow, landing a swift kick to the ribs and circling out of his instinctive grasp, pulling out of his inner circle and further toward my blade.

The Forsaken lunges again and I brace myself on my back leg, using the other to kick square at his chest. He doubles over and I kick again, this time at his abdomen. His head now low enough to the ground, I loop a leg over his shoulder, beside his head before bracing my hand on his arm. Hoisting myself up, I pull the other leg to the other side of his head, rotating myself around so my legs are linked behind his head.

Instinctively, he grabs the bottom of my thighs, trying to pry me from his face. Releasing my hands, I flip myself backwards, keeping my legs tight around him only long enough from my hands to hit the ground in some sort of twisted back bend, before using all my strength to flip him over head over heels to his back, landing on my feet in a low crouch.

"I guess some guys really can't help falling for me" I laugh darkly, grabbing my sword now mere inches from my hands. Plunging the sword down into his chest in a lithe movement, I smile down at the now corpse, "Thanks for that, by the way. I've always wanted to try that move."

Pulling myself from the ground, I think again of my heightened speed rune, now completely faded from my skin but with the thought, returning back with a brilliant gold shine that soon settles to a dull shimmer.

The trees blur again and I follow the sound of swords clanging and grunting, a break in the copse of trees opening before me to reveal a lake far below and a bridge just before me, where Jace, now armed somehow, was fighting off a very aggravated Jonathan.

I surge forward to help but find myself to be too late as Jonathan spits in Jaces face, the instinctive flinch buying Jonathan enough time to get behind his defences - and stab him right in the side.

"Jace!" I scream, my voice echoing across the hollow air. I pick up my pace again, running for Jace's side.

"Cami" Jonathan sneers, but there's the softest hint of affection behind his eyes. He pulls the sword with savage force out of Jace's body which thumps to the floor almost immediately, his mouth leaking blood, "Dear sister."

Knocking Jace's blade from his hands, he pushes his blade-wielding hand to the floor with a foot, the other clutched as his bleeding wound. My hand raises to cover my mouth at the sight.

I make to take a step but stop when Jonathan points his sword at Jace's face, "Tell me, baby sister...has he stopped blathering because I just punctured his lung..."

Jonathan pokes the point of the blade into Jace's wound, eliciting a pained shout from him.

"...or because he's finally realised, here at the end, that I have always been better than him?"

"Stop!" I scream as Jonathan raises the sword high, preparing to land the final blow...until a very familiar whip encircles his wrist, yanking back at his hand and forcing him to drop the blade.

"Stay away from him, you son of a bitch!" Izzy hisses, grunting as she slashes her whip around the confines of the bridge.

"Well, I suppose this won't be a fair fight, will it?" Jonathan sneers and with his attention elsewhere, I wrap my arms beneath Jace's shoulders, preparing to move him.

"Please be as silent as you can" I whisper into his ear, "Izzy has him distracted and I need to get you out of the way."

Jace's head bumps up and down and I grimace, pulling quickly and rather harshly at his arms. I feel his jaw tense against the side of my face as he bites down on his scream as I pull him across the floor of the bridge and over to one side of the railing, resting him on the metal beams.

"I trusted you when I was at my weakest, my lowest" Izzy growls, the pain evident in her voice.

Oh, Izzy.

"Blade" Jace whispers and I turn to face him, puzzled. Jace gestures to further behind me and I turn, catching the glint of the sword in the moonlight, "Get me the blade."

"I brought you into my life, into my family, and you betrayed me."

I creep towards the blade, picking it up with perfect silence, my soundless rune shining dully again through my clothes.

"I saved your life" Jonathan growls, catching the whip mid air and pulling Izzy closer with it like a warped version of to of war, his hands burning and singing at the contact with the electrum but continuing to do so anyways, "That should be worth something."

I hand the blade to Jace, supporting him slightly as I help him to stand, before stepping back from him. This was his kill shot, not mine.

"That's why I'm giving you a more honourable death than you deserve." Izzy growls, releasing the whip and sending Jonathan stumbling back...straight into Jace's hands.

He wastes no time in stabbing him through the back, the blood soaked sword protruding almost completely through his body...at the other side.

"That spot on a man's back..." Jace begins, alluding to a piece fo a conversation I didn't hear as Jonathan groans, spurting blood from his mouth, "Father taught me, too."

Jace yanks the sword from Jonathan's chest. Remarkably, Jonathan maintains the ability to move and turn to face Jace, grasping his neck in both hands.

Jace stumbles back, turning Jonathan to face the railing before punching down on the crook of his elbow and kicking him backward, over the railing and into the water beyond.

Despite myself, I gasp, a tear sliding down the side of my face as I run to the railing, my hands gripping it tightly despite the slick blood and stare down at the body of my brother, floating in a pool of his own blood as he drifts slowly away on the current.

"Hail and farewell" Izzy spits and for the second time tonight, I cover my mouth with a hand as I watch the dead body of my only brother disappear beneath the water.