{𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙}

"We need to find something of Jace's"

"Don't bother" Izzy refutes, "Aldertree already has people tracking him 24/7. Jace must be using a rune to block it, otherwise somebody would've found him by now."

Stopping at a door, Izzy prises it open and the first thing I see is Alec. Sweaty and unconscious, he looked weak for the first time ever since I'd met him. Even over 6ft tall and bulky, he looked so fragile in that bed, as if the slightest knock would shatter him. Right next to him, my best friend, Magnus kneels, gridning a bunch of ingredients with a mortar and pestle.

"Cami!" Magnus gasps, springing from the bed and rushing to me, enveloping me in his arms

"Hey, Mags" I smile, squeezing him tight, "No Buttercup today, huh?"

"Not today"

"Have you been here with Alec the whole time?" I ask him, pulling back from the hug

"Had to keep him here for you, didn't I?" Magnus smiles, but it doesn't hold the charm and happiness it used to, it was sad, muted, "Couldn't let my OTP go now, could I?"

I smile back at him, copying the grateful yet distraught cross breed that made it feel completely fake.

"He's Alec's only chance" Izzy explains, "But his magic won't last forever. Sooner or later it's gonna burn out."

"He can channel me" I offer immediately

"No" Magnus counters instantly, "You're a strong mundani but not strong enough. It will kill you."

"About that..." I draw out, "There's something you should know. Izzy...you should probably hear this too."

Once the door was close and magically soundproofed, thanks to Magnus, I told them every part of my side of the story. The torture Jace went through, Dot's involvement, Valentine forcing the Cup's contents down my throat...and my new Shadowhunter status.

"So you're saying Valentine cured you of the curse?" Clary asks, "Why would he do that? Doesn't that help you?"

"It does" Magnus pipes up, a look of both wonder and excitement on his face, "But it also helps him."

"How?" Izzy frowns

"Well, this is completely uncharted territory for me" Magnus explains, "You were a rare mundani, the likes of which I've never seen before so I can only go off what I might know. From what I can gather, the magical angelic bloodline that I based the magic for the curse upon, the one I told you about, that broke when you...died, essentially."

"Oh, right" I mutter, "You told me the cure to my curse was to die, that that was the only way to break it."

"Right" Magnus nods, "But when you drank from the Cup, you died in a different way. Your mundani nature was changed, it essentially died, so now you're a Shadowhunter...but I'd say you're more than that."

"More? What does that mean?"

"It means the angelic bloodline that held the curse is broken which means not only do you have more angelic blood in you than any Shadowhunter in the world, but you also have the knowledge of everything in the Shadow World."

"How?" I gape, "How could I know everything?"

"Well, you remember when I told you that your sleeper stored the memories and knowledge of Shadowhunters and the Shadow World and all the instincts and fight patterns etc. Well, because the bloodline broke and the sleeper curse was broken, all of that knowledge is now just...in you. Essentially, you're a several hundred year old Shadowhunter with all the knowledge and tactics of the past several hundred years of Shaodwhunting"